• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Best LED Headlight Bulbs For Tacoma?

Haq_79

3️⃣ Silver
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
So i ordered some auxbeam led bulbs from amazon but got lost in shipping so now im not sure what to get.
What are you guys running for headlights and fogs? They both have F11 bulbs if i am correct.
What brand do you recommend?

I'm about two seconds away from ordering the Xenon Depot led setup with Baja Designs Squadron sports. They're on sale right now for a few hours more.

The XD LEDs seem to have a solid following and have had plenty of time for people to love or hate them, most people seem to be the former.

http://www.xenondepot.com/Toyota-Tacoma-LED-BajaCombo-p/xt-led-bd-tta.htm?CartID=1

If you don't want the fogs, you can just get the LEDs for about $110.

I don't have either but the two most popular LED bulbs I have seen for these trucks have been the Morimoto 2 Strokes and the Hikaris on Amazon. I don't care for HIDs and all the mixed feedback on LED bulbs in our projector housings has pretty much scared me out of pulling the trigger on anything for the last 3 years.

I don't care for HIDs and all the mixed feedback on LED bulbs in our projector housings has pretty much scared me out of pulling the trigger on anything for the last 3 years.

I have held off for the same reason but at this point I am sick of the factory lighting. The XD bulbs have good praise, aside from the usual LED haters. We'll see how it goes but I'm excited for something better than the factory's halogens. I miss my euro bi-xenons with cornering motors.

I have held off for the same reason but at this point I am sick of the factory lighting. The XD bulbs have good praise, aside from the usual LED haters. We'll see how it goes but I'm excited for something better than the factory's halogens. I miss my euro bi-xenons with cornering motors.
I really hope it works out to your expectation and I'm anxious to hear your thoughts after you've had them installed for a while. Might be the push I need to upgrade mine since I don't plan to run light bars or all that jazz.

I'm about two seconds away from ordering the Xenon Depot led setup with Baja Designs Squadron sports. They're on sale right now for a few hours more.

The XD LEDs seem to have a solid following and have had plenty of time for people to love or hate them, most people seem to be the former.

http://www.xenondepot.com/Toyota-Tacoma-LED-BajaCombo-p/xt-led-bd-tta.htm?CartID=1

If you don't want the fogs, you can just get the LEDs for about $110.

I recently got the XD led for the highs and lows...and so far so good now trying to figure out what for the fogs..

I recently got the XD led for the highs and lows...and so far so good now trying to figure out what for the fogs..

So let me make sure I have this correct, I need to order a second set of the exact same led as the low beam for the high beam correct? Is it the housing that makes the high beam pattern, or the fact that you are doubling the lumens produced?

For now I have a single set for the lows.

So let me make sure I have this correct, I need to order a second set of the exact same led as the low beam for the high beam correct? Is it the housing that makes the high beam pattern, or the fact that you are doubling the lumens produced?

For now I have a single set for the lows.
Yes the low beams are projector housings and the high beams are open reflector housings. Both bulbs produce the same amount of light, it's how it's focused by the lenses/reflectors.

Yes the low beams are projector housings and the high beams are open reflector housings. Both bulbs produce the same amount of light, it's how it's focused by the lenses/reflectors.

That's what I figured. Guess I'll be ordering another set at some point.

I have the Hikari’s in my hi, low, and fogs. I’m pretty happy with them and they don’t seem to be obnoxious to oncoming drivers. Passed my wife buy the house, and trust me she would let me know. LOL

I have the Hikari’s in my hi, low, and fogs. I’m pretty happy with them and they don’t seem to be obnoxious to oncoming drivers. Passed my wife buy the house, and trust me she would let me know. LOL
They seem to be the cheapest too so I might get some of those.

I don't have either but the two most popular LED bulbs I have seen for these trucks have been the Morimoto 2 Strokes and the Hikaris on Amazon. I don't care for HIDs and all the mixed feedback on LED bulbs in our projector housings has pretty much scared me out of pulling the trigger on anything for the last 3 years.

Same! I have read so many competing opinions on this that I just end up doing nothing.

So what's the consensus on the Hikaris?

I installed the Morimoto 2Stroke’s in the wife’s T4R about a month ago, and so far so good! I think mine are under the tree??

For those of you running hikari LEDs, did you go with the regular ones of the ultras?

Im using the Supernova V4 LED bulbs. They were the 2nd brightest of the tested bulbs but these don't require headlight assembly removal due to a flexible heat sink. The brighter bulb had a bigger aluminum heat sink and the headlight has to be removed or pulled out a bit to fit for the low beam.

Hikari Ultra led phillips lumiled bulbs are awesome. Bought for highs and lows last March and have performed flawlessly. Only issue is the need to modify the passenger side high beam collar for alignment. Otherwise awesome bulbs. Excellent color, throw and cutoff
hikari6.jpg
cutoff lows.jpg

Visibility for the visors was really good and a little thicker, still on the 1-2 point mark on the US DOT siren. Have you tried headlightsize? Is the data correct here?

Last edited:
So i ordered some auxbeam led bulbs from amazon but got lost in shipping so now im not sure what to get.
What are you guys running for headlights and fogs? They both have F11 bulbs if i am correct.
What brand do you recommend?
HIKARI LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit- H11(H8, H9), 2019 New Gen of HIKARI, Adjustable Beam, 9600lm 6K Cool White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GKPR452/?tag=tacoma3g-20

ED Florescent - Have 2 similar lights to compare, one with fluorescent and one with regular tungsten lights and either one should work fine. One should be better overall than the other so the winner will get a Fluorescent.
How do you think it performs?
RGB/RGB W5240B - Can you mod this? What specific mods would you like to do to it? I'm not sure that you'd need to to make it shine.

I like watching the Headlight Revolution youtube videos because they test led bulbs in a 3rd gen Tacoma headlight so I know exactly what the pattern is going to look like.

I rushed out and put in Carifex led lights and am not very happy with them.
I am a still trying to figure out which ones to get.

Back