• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Beginner

Bubba Moreno Jr

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Looking to start upgrading 2017 Tacoma but not really sure where to begin? Shocks, tires, suspension, bumper, etc.? New to all of this so whatever you got helps

Pretty often. Like to head out to the desert, go riding, and do off roading trips in general whenever i get the chance.

If you think you’d be wheeling around rocks, start with rock sliders. I didn’t and ended up damaging my cab pretty bad because I’m an idiot.

After that, do a suspension lift. Once your truck is lifted you can get the bigger tires and not have to worry as much about them rubbing like they would if you were still at stock height (may still run depending on the size you go with).

Right on. My buddy recommended total chaos long travel 2+, any feedback on those? And king shocks, front and rear

Back