Beginner

• Hello, visitor! Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a resource for 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma owners.

Tacoma3G is a friendly community dedicated to 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and Overland Enthusiasts. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

Bubba Moreno Jr

✓ • Lurker
Upvotes Recieved
T3G Member
#1,835
Looking to start upgrading 2017 Tacoma but not really sure where to begin? Shocks, tires, suspension, bumper, etc.? New to all of this so whatever you got helps

Tyler

✓ • Mythical
Badministrator
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
To what extent do you plan to use it off road?

Bubba Moreno Jr

✓ • Lurker
Upvotes Recieved
T3G Member
#1,835
Pretty often. Like to head out to the desert, go riding, and do off roading trips in general whenever i get the chance.

Tyler

✓ • Mythical
Badministrator
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
If you think you’d be wheeling around rocks, start with rock sliders. I didn’t and ended up damaging my cab pretty bad because I’m an idiot.

After that, do a suspension lift. Once your truck is lifted you can get the bigger tires and not have to worry as much about them rubbing like they would if you were still at stock height (may still run depending on the size you go with).

Bubba Moreno Jr

✓ • Lurker
Upvotes Recieved
T3G Member
#1,835
Right on. My buddy recommended total chaos long travel 2+, any feedback on those? And king shocks, front and rear

Tyler

✓ • Mythical
Badministrator
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed