Beginner

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

Bubba Moreno Jr

= I • Lurker
T3G Member
#1,835
Looking to start upgrading 2017 Tacoma but not really sure where to begin? Shocks, tires, suspension, bumper, etc.? New to all of this so whatever you got helps

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
To what extent do you plan to use it off road?

Bubba Moreno Jr

= I • Lurker
T3G Member
#1,835
Pretty often. Like to head out to the desert, go riding, and do off roading trips in general whenever i get the chance.

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
If you think you’d be wheeling around rocks, start with rock sliders. I didn’t and ended up damaging my cab pretty bad because I’m an idiot.

After that, do a suspension lift. Once your truck is lifted you can get the bigger tires and not have to worry as much about them rubbing like they would if you were still at stock height (may still run depending on the size you go with).

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
Top Bottom