• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Bed Channel Stiffeners info + Discount Code for T3G Members!

ragofabrication

ragofabrication.com
Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.ragofabrication.com
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
Hey guys! We noticed some chatter on the Tacoma forums about Bed Channel Stiffeners so we thought we would do a little write-up to help you decide if they are a product you need. We will also discuss the benefits of choosing stainless steel and why, when it comes to structural integrity, design matters!

Do you need bed stiffeners for your Tacoma? The short answer is that if you are sporting a roof top tent, bed rack, or any other heavy gear on your truck, you want the extra support from bed channel stiffeners. Composite beds have been known to crack, especially when extra weight is added to them. You can search forums and Google to see plenty of examples of this.

Why choose stainless steel?
https://www.thyssenkrupp-materials.co.uk/the-difference-between-stainless-steel-and-mild-steel.html

1. Corrosion resistance. Mild steel can rust when exposed to any type of moisture, even air vapor. If the powder coating on MILD steel stiffeners gets nicked through normal use, rust can begin to form. STAINLESS steel will not stain, rust, or tarnish.

2. Strength Stainless steel is alloyed with chromium, making it a hard alloy; this means that products manufactured with stainless steel are less susceptible to impact damage.

Why choose Rago Fabrication Bed Channel Stiffeners? Our product has been designed for functionality first. Every bend and bolt hole placement has been considered to provide the most support for your truck bed. We have chosen not to add extra holes or aesthetic differences to structurally critical points of our bed channel stiffeners so that they do the job they were intended for-helping prevent your bed from cracking. https://www.ragofabrication.com/products/2005-2015-toyota-tacoma-bed-channel-stiffeners-presale

We are happy to answer any other questions you have about these or any of our other products. Tacoma3G members can use the code T3G for 15% off any eligible item on our site!
T3GBEDSTIFFENERS.jpg
IMG_3612_bed_channel_stiffeners.jpeg
IMG_3613_bed_channel_stiffeners.jpeg

I have a set of these on my truck (paid full price to) and honestly have nothing bad to say about them. The fit and finish is stellar and what blew me away most was the overall product packaging. The instructions and way the while set was packed and shipped showed some serious thought beyond the standard offerings out there. Definitely worth a look if you are wanting bed stiffeners. ??

This is awesome! been needing to pick up a pair, however now with my fridge installed, im unsure if the fridge slide would clear the stiffener.

that link didnt work
Second. Also does not work.

That was a link to an unrelated T3G giveaway in January 2019.
Lol.

How do we know which items are eligible for the T3G code discount? ;D

These are on my list.
I'm gonna say anything made by Rago. Nothing bundled with another product.
Example: Rago Mounts + Baja Designs Lights wouldn't be eligible.
If you buy the mounts separate, then it is on just the mounts. Usually how the exclusions work.

How do we know which items are eligible for the T3G code discount? ;D

These are on my list.

that link didnt work

Since this thread was originally from January 2019 and @ragofabrication bumped it today, I’m not sure if they realize there probably isn’t a working code. They’d have to provide a new one if that’s their intent.

Edit: I just read the first post in this thread and it says the code is T3G for a 15% discount.

Last edited:
All Rago products are eligible for this discount. As some one above stated if the rago product is paired with another product only the rago product is eligible. I have looked into the code and its active. If any one continues to have any problems please reach out to us at info@ragofabrication.com 😊

Last edited:
Since this thread was originally from January 2019 and @ragofabrication bumped it today, I’m not sure if they realize there probably isn’t a working code. They’d have to provide a new one if that’s their intent.

Edit: I just read the first post in this thread and it says the code is T3G for a 15% discount.
I have looked into the discount code everything should be good to go. 👍

I have looked into the discount code everything should be good to go. 👍
Noooooo. I hate when I order stuff and then realize there is a code afterwards. Lol.
I know that quoted price for the last order wouldn't be eligible, but the one right before it. Oh well.

Looking forward to throwing these on.

Back