• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

BDS 4" Full Kit

MacNobody

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
I'm considering this kit with Fox front and rear shocks. The rear lift is provided by blocks instead of a new leaf pack. What are the thoughts on this? I don't have experience with it.

My next concern is the height of the radar in the grille. Is it possible to recalibrate this? Do I need to look at the Pro style of grille or is that a "looks only" thing included in the TRD lift kit the dealer tried to sell me?

You're better off with the 6" CO kit. This lifts the truck with the shock and coil.
Not a fan of blocks/spacers unless you really have to. IE, Taco Lean.
These are basically blocks. You'd just be throwing the truck on stilts. This is just an expensive way of doing it. More adjustments would be involved to correct driveline angles. 4" kit only replaces the rear shock. Main focus should be the front. This looks to just run off the factory suspension.
1680386574896.png

Basically a really expensive spacer kit.
1680386845293.png

Back