• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Baja Designs or?

DADZTACO

3️⃣ Silver
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Sure this topic has been beaten to death, but I’m about to pull the trigger on a 20”s8 for the bumper and a s2 for a rear facing light on my bed rack. Probably a dumb question but is there anything better out there?

basically if it dies without being abused it will be warrantied. so common sense stuff like bad wiring or deciding to put a flame thrower on it isn't covered.

Maybe some clarification on the limited lifetime warranty? Seems like a bit of a grey area to me...

Sure this topic has been beaten to death, but I’m about to pull the trigger on a 20”s8 for the bumper and a s2 for a rear facing light on my bed rack. Probably a dumb question but is there anything better out there?
I've never had them but on my recent camping trip we were able to do a comparison with some of the major brands and the BDs were the brightest (in our comparison). I personally dig KC cause of the nostalgia though, lol.

We'd love to earn your business and get some BD lights on your ride! If you have any Baja Designs specific questions, please feel free to ask us directly or comment below.

Maybe some clarification on the limited lifetime warranty? Seems like a bit of a grey area to me...

Our Limited Lifetime Warranty covers manufacturers defects. If the light gets moisture due to a faulty o-ring? Covered! If a circuit board stops working? Covered! We stand behind our lifetime warranty and cover any manufacturers defect. This does not cover damage from a crash or improper installation.

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

We'd love to earn your business and get some BD lights on your ride! If you have any Baja Designs specific questions, please feel free to ask us directly or comment below.

Our Limited Lifetime Warranty covers manufacturers defects. If the light gets moisture due to a faulty o-ring? Covered! If a circuit board stops working? Covered! We stand behind our lifetime warranty and cover any manufacturers defect. This does not cover damage from a crash or improper installation.

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

Too late, already ordered a pair of S2’s and a 20” S8! Thanks for the response!

Too late, already ordered a pair of S2’s and a 20” S8! Thanks for the response!
You won't regret, just the ability to change your lights from fog to spot etc... or if your lense gets damaged all you have to do is order parts unbolt bolt new in easy peasy and warranty safe that alone is worth it

Last edited:
Probably a dumb question but is there anything better out there?

Rigid has their Rear Facing Hi/Low chase lights. They are in my opinion the best option for rear facing chase lighting, here's why. They are built with a Hi/Low feature that allows you to run them on low and tie the high into the break light. Which is what i do. They are designed with an Amber LED and Amber Lens, or Red LED and Red Lens. This gives you a sharp color'd light. Not yellow or Pink. They are designed with a Diffused lens which helps with not blinding people who are driving behind you. I have seen way too many times that people are putting a forward projection light on the rear of the vehicle and just putting an amber lens or amber cover over it. Problem with that is now you are projecting an intense beam into the eyes of the drivers behind you. The Diffused lens that we use spreads that light giving the beind driver full visibility of you without blinding them.

You can see Demo Videos on my IG @richie_at_rigid.

Here are some Images and product info. You can get these at any offroad shop but you can also get them at www.rigidindustries.com with a 10% discount code RIGID3G.

Attachments

• Hi.Low sheet.pdf
    985.5 KB · Views: 157
I have a Baja Designs 20" S8 in my front bumper. I LOVE it.

That's debatable by some but I can say @Baja Designs is definitely top notch. They have a lifetime warranty and U-service.

U-service? By the way...I had to watch a couple of your videos numerous times trying to figure out how to install my BD ditch lights (squadron pros).

Those to me forever to figure out the wiring because I've never done anything wiring related. I have a BD 40" S8 that I need to install but now got to figure out how I'm going to do the wiring! Ugh.

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com
You definitely have my business! I have the fog lights (S2's maybe?), squadron pros ditch lights, and the 40" S8 light bar!

Do you all plan on doing actual full install videos? As in not just the mounting but even the wiring? I know wiring options can be endless. I just hit a huge rut trying to figure out how to wire the ditch lights to a Cali Raised OEM switch. And now I've got to figure out how to wire the S8 to a Cali Raised OEM switch.

If you dont figure out how to wire that 40 inch I will buy it from ya. lol.

U-service? By the way...I had to watch a couple of your videos numerous times trying to figure out how to install my BD ditch lights (squadron pros).

Those to me forever to figure out the wiring because I've never done anything wiring related. I have a BD 40" S8 that I need to install but now got to figure out how I'm going to do the wiring! Ugh.

You definitely have my business! I have the fog lights (S2's maybe?), squadron pros ditch lights, and the 40" S8 light bar!

Do you all plan on doing actual full install videos? As in not just the mounting but even the wiring? I know wiring options can be endless. I just hit a huge rut trying to figure out how to wire the ditch lights to a Cali Raised OEM switch. And now I've got to figure out how to wire the S8 to a Cali Raised OEM switch.
U service is this cool thing where you can change the lenses/beam patterns and what not yourself. Here’s a link for a better explanation from Baja designs themselves. https://www.bajadesigns.com/blog/uService-Explained.asp

And I personally just bought a switch pros to alleviate any headaches with wiring accessories lol. Makes wiring super simple and easy. I know not everyone can afford that route which is totally fine. I remember seeing an explanation of wiring those factory style switches before. I’ll have to try and find it again

U service is this cool thing where you can change the lenses/beam patterns and what not yourself. Here’s a link for a better explanation from Baja designs themselves. https://www.bajadesigns.com/blog/uService-Explained.asp

And I personally just bought a switch pros to alleviate any headaches with wiring accessories lol. Makes wiring super simple and easy. I know not everyone can afford that route which is totally fine. I remember seeing an explanation of wiring those factory style switches before. I’ll have to try and find it again
Oh okay. Thanks!

That was my original plan... but I talked myself out of it because I only planned on needing 2... maybe 3 switches for awhile. Eventually I may upgrade to the sp9100.

Oh okay. Thanks!

That was my original plan... but I talked myself out of it because I only planned on needing 2... maybe 3 switches for awhile. Eventually I may upgrade to the sp9100.
I’m only running ditch lights to it right now but I just wanted to be prepared for the future when I get a compressor and more lights and what not lol. It’s a great system, you’ll love it if you end up getting it in the future

I’m only running ditch lights to it right now but I just wanted to be prepared for the future when I get a compressor and more lights and what not lol. It’s a great system, you’ll love it if you end up getting it in the future
Yeah yeah rub it in. Lol. If you need the crap and stress I went through the to install just my ditch lights and deal with that wiring to an OEM switch...omg. Lol. It got so bad I was looking at expediting a switch pro. Lol!

But yeah...this weekend I should have my BD 40" light bar installed to my roof rack...plus my ditch lights. Other than that...I think I'm done with electronic mods for a little bit.

Yeah yeah rub it in. Lol. If you need the crap and stress I went through the to install just my ditch lights and deal with that wiring to an OEM switch...omg. Lol. It got so bad I was looking at expediting a switch pro. Lol!

But yeah...this weekend I should have my BD 40" light bar installed to my roof rack...plus my ditch lights. Other than that...I think I'm done with electronic mods for a little bit.
I did some looking around and a fellow tacoma3g member has some videos on YouTube that might be helpful @Jesse Rizo

Original link: https://youtu.be/Qk9NpKv1M2Q

@CaliRaisedLED has some videos as well that may be useful. Hopefully someone with more experience wiring eom switches can chime in for you though

From the day I bought the truck I knew I wanted BDs, I have a 30" S8 a set of squadron sports and a set of s2 mounted, I have a set of s1 which will either go as ditch lights or maybe get amber lenses and throw em in the back as chase lights.

Which s2 are you going to buy? What color?

I went with BD all around because of the customer service, reputation and the durability of their products. You can tell by the finished product that these things are going to handle or they'll back them up if they fail you. I rather spend the money on the best product up front vs replacing products over and over again trying to save a buck.

Back