• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Az bs thread.

I like teaching. I'll show you the ropes.

Which lights are you talking about? I have a light bar mounted to my bumper for extra reverse. I used a relay to get power and then used the reverse light to be the switch.

I WAS going to do rock lights all the way around, never wanted to finish it and took them off. I was just going to wire those to a normal rocker switch or use the switchbro.

The ones that go in the cut outs in my bumper. I think I want to wire them into my reverse lights. Just not 100% positive how I would do it. This type of shit is what I struggle with. Only really know car audio. Once I see it done have it explained I can do it though.
20180725_211957.jpg

Is this wiring diagram hard to understand?
20180802_053940.jpg
I don't think it looks complicated but I would want someone there that knows what is going on.
Once I get my bumpers I will need to add some lights which will require new wiring. I am sure I will be asking for help. That is months away though.

The ones that go in the cut outs in my bumper. I think I want to wire them into my reverse lights. Just not 100% positive how I would do it. This type of shit is what I struggle with. Only really know car audio. Once I see it done have it explained I can do it though.
20180725_211957.jpg

Dont wire it into your reverse lights. You may want to use them some day while not in reverse and if you need them in reverse, you will remember to flip the switch, if you dont you wont. just my .02

Yep I washed my truck again and go out for some margaritas with the wife and walk out of the bar straight into a silt cloud and I couldn't even see my truck 30ft away because it was camouflaged in all the dirt :confused:

Sitting at @SDHQ OFFROAD right now getting my brake lines done. One more week until the big transformation!!

@mh.meier how's that bumper coming along? :p

Little pew pew at PRGC this morning. First time I have shot at 500 yards in a couple of months. The rifle shoots but the shooter had some issues!
range.jpg

Yep I washed my truck again and go out for some margaritas with the wife and walk out of the bar straight into a silt cloud and I couldn't even see my truck 30ft away because it was camouflaged in all the dirt :confused:

Sitting at @SDHQ OFFROAD right now getting my brake lines done. One more week until the big transformation!!

@mh.meier how's that bumper coming along? :p

It is a bumper.

Right haha?! Must be that new third gen over-landing culture for the GRAMS!
My truck is almost 3 months old and that's only the 2nd time it's been washed... I couldn't even see out of it.
It is a bumper.
You're killing me mang
Little pew pew at PRGC this morning. First time I have shot at 500 yards in a couple of months. The rifle shoots but the shooter had some issues!
range.jpg
Little warm to be pew'ing but I'm jealous nonetheless. I need to get back to that 500 yard line again myself. I decided to keep the Vortex HST on my bolt gun for now... I'm not happy with it but the truck is taking alllllllll of my monies so pew pew parts are going to have to wait. I'm not sure it was much of an improvement over the Burris though. Kind of a waste of money. Tried reselling it and motherfuckers won't even pay half of what it retails for. What happened to glass holding it's value in resale?

My truck is almost 3 months old and that's only the 2nd time it's been washed... I couldn't even see out of it.

You're killing me mang

Little warm to be pew'ing but I'm jealous nonetheless. I need to get back to that 500 yard line again myself. I decided to keep the Vortex HST on my bolt gun for now... I'm not happy with it but the truck is taking alllllllll of my monies so pew pew parts are going to have to wait. I'm not sure it was much of an improvement over the Burris though. Kind of a waste of money. Tried reselling it and motherfuckers won't even pay half of what it retails for. What happened to glass holding it's value in resale?

I am only rolling on like 7 years of the same amount of washes. :cool::sneaky:

I keep the inside clean though, the outside is meh, but I have to be in the inside
Oh, for me the inside goes hand in hand with the outside. The inside doesn't get dusted and shit unless I'm already sweating my ass off to clean the outside. That's less gross then.

How's the bumper coming? :ROFLMAO: Just bustin your balls.

Last edited:
I've always kept all of my cars clean, ever since high school. I'm not going to start not taking care of my truck because it's a truck. Not sure why that's a bad thing at all.

My truck has been paid off for over a year, I want to be without a truck payment for a very, very long time.

20180725_211957.jpg

Use a relay for power. Reverse light wire to turn on the relay. I can help this week if you want to. Or I can draw a diagram later. Can't now. Enjoying some decent weather up north

Use a relay for power. Reverse light wire to turn on the relay. I can help this week if you want to. Or I can draw a diagram later. Can't now. Enjoying some decent weather up north
That would be awesome either way, whatever you have time for.

Back