• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Az bs thread.

Thanks so much. I think we are going to lay low tonight. Maybe this weekend we can get together. He is at peace now.
20180727_105249.jpg
Totally, completely, 100% understand. We're thinking about you guys.

So sorry for your loss. This always breaks my heart and makes me dread the day we have to do the same. Took me ten years before I was ready after the last one. :(

Here here
2F3BBC4F-2C9A-43FA-B99E-B80536B2597F.jpeg
I get jealous every time I see a beer I have not tried but cannot find in AZ. BevMo is really promoting the belching beaver beers. Had to try since I had a $10 off $75 purchase. Most of the purchase was whiskey as my supply has run down to almost empty

I get jealous every time I see a beer I have not tried but cannot find in AZ. BevMo is really promoting the belching beaver beers. Had to try since I had a $10 off $75 purchase. Most of the purchase was whiskey as my supply has run down to almost empty

We need to work on that beer exchange. There are so many independent breweries in MN it's insane

My head exploded! Makes perfect sense to me, but then.....
Uhhh no. Looks pretty straight forward to me. Is someone having a hard time understanding it?
Yeah, there is a dude asking questions on my build thread on TW. He is dead set on using his stock wiring and just can't wrap his head around running new speaker wires to the doors

Yeah, there is a dude asking questions on my build thread on TW. He is dead set on using his stock wiring and just can't wrap his head around running new speaker wires to the doors

I haven't read the thread yet but some people just won't run wire and want to use stock. Not sure why.

I haven't read the thread yet but some people just won't run wire and want to use stock. Not sure why.
He wants to follow the suggestions on the 250 dollar audio upgrade thread but still run amps and shit. As much as I want to help, I'm about ready to tell the dude to go ask someone else

Is this wiring diagram hard to understand?
20180802_053940.jpg
To be fair, some of us are just electronically retarded. I consider myself of above average intelligence but for some reason wiring anything electrical unless it is 100% plug-and-play is unreasonably difficult for me to comprehend. I can build just about anything, re-plumb an entire house, translate complicated engineered drawings and reconstruct a car from the ground up but I am legitimately afraid to rewire a goddamn wall outlet to replace a GFCI.

To be fair, some of us are just electronically retarded. I consider myself of above average intelligence but for some reason wiring anything electrical unless it is 100% plug-and-play is unreasonably difficult for me to comprehend. I can build just about anything, re-plumb an entire house, translate complicated engineered drawings and reconstruct a car from the ground up but I am legitimately afraid to rewire a goddamn wall outlet to replace a GFCI.
Now I feel like an ass

Now I feel like an ass
No haha don't feel bad at all, I'm just pointing out that I feel like a complete dumbass when it comes to anything electrical... it's like the one thing in the world I can think of that just stumps the shit out of me. So the guy you're talking to may not be a moron but just wants to stick with factory wiring because he's afraid of f'ing something up like I am haha

Lol. You ain't lying! I've seen you and electrical. haha.

Real talk :cry: that's why I allllllllllllllways ask for help hahaha

Honestly once you walk through it once you'll be fine for future stuff. The only thing I don't like doing is alarms. I've done plenty but it's one of those installs I just can't stand doing.

Honestly once you walk through it once you'll be fine for future stuff. The only thing I don't like doing is alarms. I've done plenty but it's one of those installs I just can't stand doing.
You're probably right, but someone would have to hold my hand through it the first couple times. For some reason even simple wiring diagrams might as well be hieroglyphics. Maybe I should buy one of those electronics hobby kits for like 7-year-olds and start un-fucking myself :ROFLMAO:

Alarms are terrible!! Speaking of wiring. How were you going to wire up those rock lights on the bumper?

You're probably right, but someone would have to hold my hand through it the first couple times. For some reason even simple wiring diagrams might as well be hieroglyphics. Maybe I should buy one of those electronics hobby kits for like 7-year-olds and start un-fucking myself :ROFLMAO:

I like teaching. I'll show you the ropes.

Alarms are terrible!! Speaking of wiring. How were you going to wire up those rock lights on the bumper?

Which lights are you talking about? I have a light bar mounted to my bumper for extra reverse. I used a relay to get power and then used the reverse light to be the switch.

I WAS going to do rock lights all the way around, never wanted to finish it and took them off. I was just going to wire those to a normal rocker switch or use the switchbro.

Back