• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Reference Ask a beginner question, get a serious answer!

OEM was "optimized" or whatever for the vehicle they are on from the factory. They were chosen or designed around it for an even balance between cost, dependability and performance.

Aftermarket has options. Material options. Type of performance. But there are a lot of factors as they are all different. It'll be materials and wear. From what I've always known, mostly performance aftermarket pads are for sports cars. For the optimal stopping power, the brake pads have to get to the proper temperature. Different materials will offer more grip when getting to those temperatures. Depending on the material, they can produce more dust/less dust or faster wear on the rotors. You might never reach the correct temperatures for the benefits. There are always trade offs and price differences. Example brakes that don't produce dust might be good to stay clean and may not wear rotors as fast as OEM, but you might lose stopping power. There could be brakes, that have better stopping power, dustless and better than OEM at every aspect, but might just be 5 times more than OEM. They're all just trade offs or they just slap the name on their for marketing. Like towing could be something that will last longer but also stop faster the hotter they get compared to OEM. Sometimes they could be better all around and you'd get more value by paying a little more. An overall upgrade from OEM. The manufacturer just didn't want to so they could keep costs lower.

Could also come down to a personal preference. Some people like mushy brakes. Some like those sharp and sensitive brakes. Could just be all about details or brand loyalty.

It is bizarre , I also heard dont qoute me but some of the 2019 only have drivers window auto up down , and passenger is now manual
Depends on package. My 21 in auto down on driver side but not auto up. Manual on all other doors.

I got a question, not sure if this is a dumb one or not but I really have no clue and can't find anything about it.

I'm planning on getting the OME 2-3" lift for my truck, and I'm really trying to cheap out (college student budget and all). I'm not entirely sure what I plan to do in the future with the truck, if I ever get a bumper It will probably be a hybrid (tube/plate) bumper or just something like the sso slimline bumper. this truck is my daily driver, but I plan to throw a couple of hundred pounds of camping gear in the back every other weekend.

medium load up front should work. My main concern is whether I should get the icon aal or not. Do I really need to get the aal for a setup like this? or can I cheap out and stay on stock leaves.

I got a question, not sure if this is a dumb one or not but I really have no clue and can't find anything about it.

I'm planning on getting the OME 2-3" lift for my truck, and I'm really trying to cheap out (college student budget and all). I'm not entirely sure what I plan to do in the future with the truck, if I ever get a bumper It will probably be a hybrid (tube/plate) bumper or just something like the sso slimline bumper. this truck is my daily driver, but I plan to throw a couple of hundred pounds of camping gear in the back every other weekend.

medium load up front should work. My main concern is whether I should get the icon aal or not. Do I really need to get the aal for a setup like this? or can I cheap out and stay on stock leaves.
Even with my trdpro, the stock leaves sagged a good bit with any hint of a load. I'd definitely look at getting an aal or leaf pack.

Not sure if it’s been asked before but what are the negatives of doing a body mount relocation? I know the purpose of the body mount in the event of a crash so I understand it may be effecting the safety a little. What other negatives?

Not sure if it’s been asked before but what are the negatives of doing a body mount relocation? I know the purpose of the body mount in the event of a crash so I understand it may be effecting the safety a little. What other negatives?
Its technically frame damage, but so is any cmc/bmc so

I was looking at my truck the other day and noticed my leaf springs are not u shaped but are sagging. I have a retrax retractable tonneau cover and a Craftsman box that's well under 100lbs. Is this sagging something I should worry about? I'm not really looking to spend the money for a lift even though I wouldn't mind a couple more inches (TWSS😀), but I want to make sure the truck is safe.

Its technically frame damage, but so is any cmc/bmc so
Fair. I mean I’m pretty sure all the electrical I’ve done voids a warranty but I have yet to have an issue with warranty work being covered 🤷🏼‍♂️ I like to think most dealerships know we customize these trucks a lot and are cool about it lol

It really bothers me that the body line on the doors doesn’t continue on the front of the bed 😡😡😡. Any idea why Toyota did this?
2E424997-8D74-4E59-9532-78E2F046ADE4.jpeg

Hey, any of you guys have seat jackers for the front of your driver seat? I've had them in mine for month or two and I love them, but my drivers seat creaks like a son of a gun. Anyone else have that issue? Not really a big deal...turn the music up and you can't hear it. Just wondering if there's an easy solution.

Hey, any of you guys have seat jackers for the front of your driver seat? I've had them in mine for month or two and I love them, but my drivers seat creaks like a son of a gun. Anyone else have that issue? Not really a big deal...turn the music up and you can't hear it. Just wondering if there's an easy solution.
Is it metal-on-metal where the jackers meet the seat rails? Everything tightened down to spec?

Add rubber washers on both sides and some white lithium grease

Great. I got a set of these to install.

I’ve had mine on for at least a year and have never had any creaks or squeaking or anything. Make sure mating surfaces are clean and retighten everything

So I’m starting to do a full interior blackout. Can this grey trim in the cluster be removed to be painted?
5D35E3D7-E19F-43C5-B299-A5C83B26EC22.jpeg

Same. Some people started waving back - mostly the same drivers on our ways to and from work.
I want to do this, too, but I'm afraid I'd get a repetitive motion injury. There's everything from a T100 to 3rd gens all over my neighborhood! But I do feel like the Jeepers have the sense of community thing down, for sure.

Does anybody know where I can sell my stock parts?? I got my old stock grille and mudflaps and just don't want them laying around.. I'm in South Eastern CT, You think pawn shops might take 'em?

I have them. No noise at all.

Back