• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Reference Ask a beginner question, get a serious answer!

If a strut is assembled, can you turn it after assembly to get it to line up? Or does it just have to be lined up before assembled?
Guess it needs compressed a little or it's way too tense to rotate.

Anyone know the leaf bolt pin diameter?

So I’m looking to lift my 21 trd off-road. I’m looking at the readylift 3”f/2”r with 17x8.5 et0 with a backspacing of 4.75”. What’s the best size all terrain I can fit that’s under 35

So I’m looking to lift my 21 trd off-road. I’m looking at the readylift 3”f/2”r with 17x8.5 et0 with a backspacing of 4.75”. What’s the best size all terrain I can fit that’s under 35

275/70/17
285/70R17
33x12.5

Would be a subjective size.

Has any put 255 /85/16's on there stock suspensions. Ho do the look/ride. Im not ready to do a full lift but would lik the biggest tires that will fit stock.

Has any put 255 /85/16's on there stock suspensions. Ho do the look/ride. Im not ready to do a full lift but would lik the biggest tires that will fit stock.
265/75r16 or 265/70r17

Basically you don't want to go over 31.6".

255/85r16 = 33.1"

You might be able to get away with it with some rubbing. Don't have any weight. Do some dieting. Sometimes even just a light passenger or slight slope will make it rub. Probably should fold the pinch weld and push around some plastic.

What's holding you back from doing a lift? How much tire life do you have currently?

Hello I recently purchased a new Tacoma with a lift kit installed from the dealer. I don't really know much about lift kits and I was hoping someone could give me some information on what was done to the truck. Thank you. I can provide more picture if needed.
25570F48-31C0-4AAD-8046-FD90025F51D3.jpeg

Hello I recently purchased a new Tacoma with a lift kit installed from the dealer. I don't really know much about lift kits and I was hoping someone could give me some information on what was done to the truck. Thank you. I can provide more picture if needed.
25570F48-31C0-4AAD-8046-FD90025F51D3.jpeg
Looks like their "leveling" kit, with slightly taller springs in the front to raise it level with the rear. Still has stock shocks, and based on the picture, you must have a TRD Off Road

Looks like their "leveling" kit, with slightly taller springs in the front to raise it level with the rear. Still has stock shocks, and based on the picture, you must have a TRD Off Road

Thank you for the information! The truck looks great but I'm assuming it's mostly ascetic and does little for performance?

And yes you are correct about trd off road.

That's what was done to the rear.
so that's a 1.5 inch block. You've got a 1.5 inch lift. Not a bad set up. Budget, but it works. Your rear leaf springs will be fine if you don't put much in it on a regular basis, but they'll sag after a while if you keep it loaded. Your ride in the front will be a little more stiff than usual, but shouldn't have any long term detrimental effects.

so that's a 1.5 inch block. You've got a 1.5 inch lift. Not a bad set up. Budget, but it works. Your rear leaf springs will be fine if you don't put much in it on a regular basis, but they'll sag after a while if you keep it loaded. Your ride in the front will be a little more stiff than usual, but shouldn't have any long term detrimental effects.

Awesome. Thanks for the information.

Hello, what is the tallest 18 inch tire I can go with if I put a 2 inch lift?
I have 17's now

Check this thread out. Should answer your questions quite well.

In general, a 31 inch tire will fit on your vehicle with a 2 inch lift, 32 if you're ok with a little rubbing, 33 if you're ok trimming a bit to get it not to rub. That would be 265/70/18, like this one: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...GRATXRWL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Check this thread out. Should answer your questions quite well.

In general, a 31 inch tire will fit on your vehicle with a 2 inch lift, 32 if you're ok with a little rubbing, 33 if you're ok trimming a bit to get it not to rub. That would be 265/70/18, like this one: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Grabber+A/TX&partnum=67TR8GRATXRWL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes
Thank you

Different websites I go to state different descriptions. Do the bilstein 5100’s by themselves offer any lift in the rear?

I have a question. Maybe it’s been asked before. I have a 21 off road. Have any of you installed the Fox Pro OEM shocks on a TRD off road ? Did you still have the front nose dive when braking ? Are you happy with the new Pro set up ?

I have a question. Maybe it’s been asked before. I have a 21 off road. Have any of you installed the Fox Pro OEM shocks on a TRD off road ? Did you still have the front nose dive when braking ? Are you happy with the new Pro set up ?
I have a 2020 trd pro, and when stock the nose did not dive significantly when braking. I was very happy with the pro set up, just can't leave things stock for more than a year or two.

Is there color specific photo threads anywhere?
Yes there are. I know there is a thread called "Show off your magnetic grey metallic" for sure bc I've posted in it. I'm pretty sure theres one for each color. Use the search bar and type in

"Show off your (factory volor)"

Last edited:
Back