• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Reference Ask a beginner question, get a serious answer!

Sadly nothing you could do besides constantly cleaning and spraying with some sort of lubricant which only attracts more dirt and more squeezing. Replacing the rear leafs will do it but why? Sure it’s a little annoying but oh well
What is different about my Dakar leaf pack than the stock leafs that would create the squeak? Is it from the springs or the mounting points?

What is different about my Dakar leaf pack than the stock leafs that would create the squeak? Is it from the springs or the mounting points?

Sometimes a combination of both but mostly the spring packs itself, dust and dirt get trapped in between the spring pack and it becomes dry causing a squeak, lubrication and cleaning is only a temporaty fix, just gotta live with it.

I have a stock 2018 trd sport dclb. With stock tires on stock 17”rims. What is the largest size tire I can run without rubbing.

I have a stock 2018 trd sport dclb. With stock tires on stock 17”rims. What is the largest size tire I can run without rubbing.
265/70r17 for no rubbing. They will be about 31.5 tall. You can get pizza cutters, which are thinner in width but slightly taller at about 32, and they won’t rub either. Those are 255/75r17.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on spacer for a wider stance

Unless you’re doing it for a reason like to avoid rubbing, I’m not into it. I know you’re going for a prerunner build so it might be different for you. Just not my taste.

Unless you’re doing it for a reason like to avoid rubbing, I’m not into it. I know you’re going for a prerunner build so it might be different for you. Just not my taste.
Tanks for responding any clue on how much it really effects the alignment and quality of the ride

Tanks for responding any clue on how much it really effects the alignment and quality of the ride
If you are only adding spacers on the wheels and doing nothing else, it really won’t noticeably change the alignment or the ride. If you add bigger tires and/or different suspension components, that will change both.

So....I’m kinda new to the Tacoma world. I have a 2017 SR5 DCSB and I wanted to know if there was a way I would be able to install turn signal side mirrors on my truck...
Pull off the door paneltrim on the inside of the truck find the wire harness for the mirror unplug and count the truck wires . Then count the mirror wires . A turn signal mirror will have 7 wires .
Sometimes Toyota will only make 1 harness . So lots of options can be plug and play

Attachments

• 15277217115717241475707934738951.jpg
    15277217115717241475707934738951.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 127
  • 15277217372602642812391995632369.jpg
    15277217372602642812391995632369.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 135
If your upping the tire size as well you will have rubing. You will probly have rubbing with factory tires as well . Turn your wheel all the way and see how much clearance you have at the back of the fender . Not much room there . Widening the stance always makes it look good, but it comes with its ups and downs like everything else

My rear has been squeaking. Kind of annoying.
Try PTFE lube it's not a miracle cure but it's a dry lube with a low coefficient friction so it will lessen the dust collection from traditional lubes

What types of mods will or will not void warranty? I have a lotta miles left on my warranty and would hate to lose it.

What types of mods will or will not void warranty? I have a lotta miles left on my warranty and would hate to lose it.
Any form of engine performance mode, anything that requires splicing into factory wiring, anything that is considered for "non street use " ie a muffler that is not smog approved , basically sums it up. Even the factory TRD cold air intake has a 1yr warranty but is not covered by your vehicle warranty .
For best answer is to ask your dealership.
Up here in Canada we had no supercharged models it was a factory options for previous gems if you installed privately it has a 1yr warranty on the charger and voids anything on your engine if they relate to it. But if you have this supercharger installed by the dealership its covered under your factory powertrain warranty according to my sales person at the time

Last edited:
Is it me or The Tacoma lacks of power, from dead stop to take off you really have to give it gas for it to catch on speed quick. I get on the Camry and I barely hit the gas and that car is out! Just me or it’s a common thing ?

Is it me or The Tacoma lacks of power, from dead stop to take off you really have to give it gas for it to catch on speed quick. I get on the Camry and I barely hit the gas and that car is out! Just me or it’s a common thing ?
It's a very common thing a sluggish response there are a few ways to handle "ovtune""sprintboost""pedal commander"
Search those on the forum there is great write ups on them

It’s not just you. It’s the factory gearing. @ShikyoX hit it above this post. If you need further help or explanations on what they are, just let me know.

It’s not just you. It’s the factory gearing. @ShikyoX hit it above this post. If you need further help or explanations on what they are, just let me know.
There’s also the ECT PWR button which is pretty decent and gets you into the power band. The pull is somewhat decent but nothing compared to the performance of a sedan.

There’s also the ECT PWR button which is pretty decent and gets you into the power band. The pull is somewhat decent but nothing compared to the performance of a sedan.
This is true. @Evrazie, this button needs to be pushed every time you start the truck but can be moded to be always on.

I didn't even know about the issue when I put a 2.25" level kit on. I don't think I had gone a km from the shop when I noticed the problem and thought the shop had f'd something up. The ECGS bushing solved it immediately.

I sure wish I'd just done a full 3" lift now though because my 33's def rub on minor rough terrain....
i have 2.5 icon coilovers and i have no problem with any vibration but i will be adjusting my coilovers for more lift hopefully i wont have issues but if i do thank god for ECGS.

hows the ride quality at max how does it feel?
I think it's fine a tad stiff for sure but nice on the highway the rear is the ALL and I find that far to soft for my own liking I'll be switching to the OME dakars and the lvl higher shocks with the control valve

I do the same I feel like I’m in a rocket taking off inmy Camry compared to the Taco

The ovtune fixed this for me. Also some use a oeddle commander

Back