• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Anytime rear camera

TacoJoe

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Cement
Any help with an anytime rear camera? Did an online search and could not find a kit availible. Appreciate any info. Thanks.

I’ve heard, while driving, you can shift to the reverse gear and see. I haven’t done this and probably will not try this. The idea is that- the truck knows not to go into reverse. Just like how you cannot downshift too much. It overrides the ability to ruin itself. But you could gain a glimpse behind you on the display while the truck is basically in neutral. Again, this is just something I read somewhere on TW.

Upvote 0

I have that kit from Logistics91/TRDMod.com. last I knew he had stopped producing them but someone else towards the end of the thread had started making them that are supposedly just as good if not better. I hear they no longer have to cut any wiring. That it's all plug and play now.

I also installed a front facing camera and an anytime nav switch that allows nav programming while the truck is moving.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply. They are all sold out for now. I will keep checking.

Upvote 0
I did this kit for a front and rear camera:
https://www.anytimebackupcamera.com...view-rear-camera-anytime-and-add-front-camera

Used this camera in the front:

Ran this small switch hidden on the top of the radio bezel:

Everything works great (y)

20190107_095716.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I have that kit from Logistics91/TRDMod.com. last I knew he had stopped producing them but someone else towards the end of the thread had started making them that are supposedly just as good if not better. I hear they no longer have to cut any wiring. That it's all plug and play now.

I also installed a front facing camera and an anytime nav switch that allows nav programming while the truck is moving.

Dang that is awesome and seems so useful. I found this link from a company called beat sonic that does this: http://www.beatsonicusa.com/cs6ep.html. It seems like a legit mod.

Upvote 0
I have the kit from BeatSonic USA, which is a front camera set-up. This kit also allows the back camera to be turned on at any time as well. It was all a plug and play. It’s a great camera system in my opinion.

Upvote 0
Back