• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Any experience with this OME kit?

Audidood

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 Sport DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Edit: The 4WP link shows the picture of a BP51 kit but makes you go through a process of selections to narrow it any further, so I'm not sure exactly what kit you're looking at on their site. However, the Headstrong listings seem to be accurate so I'm not sure what kind of misprint you're referring to there.

Edit: The 4WP link shows the picture of a BP51 kit but makes you go through a process of selections to narrow it any further, so I'm not sure exactly what kit you're looking at on their site. However, the Headstrong listings seem to be accurate so I'm not sure what kind of misprint you're referring to there.
Yeah, 4WP totally put the wrong photo on their kit. Double checked the SKU. :) . I do want the OME 887/Dakar setup, so most probably Headstrong. Unless I can pick it up at 4WP tomorrow during coffee and donuts event. :)

So I dropped by 4WP and pulled the trigger on this BP51 kit for $1299. CHA-CHING!

Fingers crossed the warehouse sends out the kit in the picture and not the actual one, and the shop doesn’t try to pull a fast one on me. They printed me out the product description anyway and said they will honor the price.

So I dropped by 4WP and pulled the trigger on this BP51 kit for $1299. CHA-CHING!

Fingers crossed the warehouse sends out the kit in the picture and not the actual one, and the shop doesn’t try to pull a fast one on me. They printed me out the product description anyway and said they will honor the price.
So I’m confused. What are you supposed to be actually getting with your kit?

So I’m confused. What are you supposed to be actually getting with your kit?
Depends on the part number he ordered, but most likely Nitrocharger Sports, 887s, and medium Dakars but he's hoping based on the photo on the website they'll ship him a BP51 kit by mistake.

Depends on the part number he ordered, but most likely Nitrocharger Sports, 887s, and medium Dakars but he's hoping based on the photo on the website they'll ship him a BP51 kit by mistake.
Yup, what outkast said. I’ll call them today to verify that the shop is going to honor their word and deliver what they said they would. But the sku is for the 887 setup; they just posted it with the bp51 photo.

3F5B27A7-A582-4529-B799-316FC8818C56.jpeg

4WP refused to honor their screwed up posting and gave me the 887 kit with medium duty leaf springs, so I returned it And just got another 887 kit from headstrong with the heavy duty dakars.

How do you like the OME kit so far? I was thinking about going this route for now.. until I start making more upgrades.

I would also love some feedback on this kit. Ready to lift my truck as well and was leaning towards the ome nitro shock-soft with 887 coils and AAL.

I am running the 887 and Dakar's OME kit on my 2019 SR - (TSS) Edition . Intially I had a decked system in the rear of my truck (constant 250#'s) in the rear and now i am running around empty in the bed. I notice that the rear of the truck is more harsh and it will break loose now due to the stiff springs without weight on them. I also notice that the 887's are quite stiff despite running an ARB Bull Bar front bumper without a winch - I intend to run a winch at some point which is why I ran the 887's.

In retrospect - I might have considered or done better to have ran an icon, fox or king front spring with the dakar leafs - I don't regret my set up - just thinking and rethinking - as I am prone to doing. Additionally, I often revamp a setup several times over the span of my ownership of the truck.

I like the kit - ride is stiffer than stock - i called it more firm with the decked in the rear - without the decked I'd call it stiff.

Fortunately I am adding a rack and other storage 'stuff' soon-

Back