• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Am I making the right decision???

shotgunbilly420

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Inferno
So I'm about to purchase rough country lift 6in but with adjustable vortex coils with adjustable reservoirs also for the rear shocks too. I will attach lift kit picture . I do offrad my tacoma and it's my daily driver. I dont own a garage , so there for I'm paying to have it installed .
Screenshot_20210520-085408_Firefox.jpg

It would be nice to have a smoother ride to work. I commute on I-5 and that interstate is garbage . Be nice to have a smoother ride . I have seen guys give decent compliments on the vortex coils . I'm looking to hear up to date reviews on this lift if there is anyone on here with this lift or similar.

if you want a smoother ride, you may want to look at Bilstein's, 6112's for the front. But nothing is wrong with Rough county, if you are going to be doing a lot of off roading. My little brother has a 4 in kit on his 4 runner and it is an impressive set up. he likes it

if you want a smoother ride, you may want to look at Bilstein's, 6112's for the front. But nothing is wrong with Rough county, if you are going to be doing a lot of off roading. My little brother has a 4 in kit on his 4 runner and it is an impressive set up. he likes it
Well I'm pulling the trigger on the 6in lift today . $5,100 later with 5 yr parts and labor warranty

Lift ordered install next month in the 17th get it back next day will post pictures then. I'm super excited hope I can dial in reservoirs and get familiar with them.

I'm gonna give rc a chance plus I added a 5yr warranty on parts and labor. I don't Baja my truck just slow crawler

I went with rc full coil lift I hope they chose a good coil spring for the Tacoma. With adjustable resis you should be able to find a nice comfy ride. I'll have a new winch bumper and 12k winch on the front so we will see.

I went with rc full coil lift I hope they chose a good coil spring for the Tacoma. With adjustable resis you should be able to find a nice comfy ride. I'll have a new winch bumper and 12k winch on the front so we will see.
Do you know the coil rate the RC coilovers come with? If your adding a bunch of weight in the front your gonna want stiffer coils to support the weight, stock weight rated coils wont cut it

I'm hoping it's gonna work out not sure what their coil rate is I'll have to email them

If the coils are adjustable and the shocks are adjustable resis wouldnt i be able to make adjustments to firm up the front suspension and adjust any rake in the front? You would think.

Not sure if this helps any i got the adjustable coils from rc does that make a difference,?
Thats only going to adjust your preload, truck will still ride bad with the wrong coil rate. Your going to cycle through the shocks too quickly. The compression adjusters will help, but thats a temporary fix.

Coils hold the weight and the shocks control the coils.
If you coils are off the shocks will have to do double the work to controll them.
If your shocks are off youll pay for it by bouncing alot.

If you can swap the coils for the apropriate weight and can dial in your shocks, you should have a great ride.

I see your post is a couple of years old, but I figured it's worth jumping in, especially if someone else is facing a similar decision. The Rough Country lift kit with adjustable vortex coils and reservoirs sounds like a serious upgrade! Given that you off-road and also use your Tacoma as a daily driver, it sounds like you're investing in versatility.
In the spirit of fun and decisions, have you ever tried using a d20 roller for minor choices? It's interesting to think of how a little randomness could affect something even as important as vehicle mods.
If you're still around, I'd love to hear how the lift kit has been treating you these past years!

These AI bots getting wild. Then trying to draw in traffic for your site.

Back