• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Alignment numbers

Thred0ne

3️⃣ Silver
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
How far forward have you guys been able to push you caster? And what needs to be done to push it further forward? Im running icon tubular UCAs and with the 295/70 17s I can definitely use some more clearance behind the tires.
20200130_212845.jpg

Honestly unless you have a UCA specifically designed for adjustability of extremely high caster you're already pretty much maxed out. Most brands including icon build in a certain amount of increased caster to adjust for lift height. What you're seeing on your suspension alignment is pretty much the max you're going to get out of anything that isn't even more adjustable. You would need something like the SPC UCAs or JBA. Both those are designed to allow increased adjustability over what standard aftermarket UCAs already have designed into them.

Honestly unless you have a UCA specifically designed for adjustability of extremely high caster you're already pretty much maxed out. Most brands including icon build in a certain amount of increased caster to adjust for lift height. What you're seeing on your suspension alignment is pretty much the max you're going to get out of anything that isn't even more adjustable. You would need something like the SPC UCAs or JBA. Both those are designed to allow increased adjustability over what standard aftermarket UCAs already have designed into them.
Thanks man that's what I was looking for. I didn't know if there was some other trick to it or if it was mostly uca dependent. How ever icon does say that you should be able to get above 3° with their uca ?‍♂️

Thanks man that's what I was looking for. I didn't know if there was some other trick to it or if it was mostly uca dependent. How ever icon does say that you should be able to get above 3° with their uca ?‍♂️

Pretty much all of the aftermarket UCAs that don't have the extreme adjustability of the SPC and the JBA UCAs have state that they can get three degrees. The big thing to consider is that's at a factory ride height truck. As the truck is lifted its ability to get that high of a caster decreases. Which is why you end up with like 2.1 to 2.3.

Pretty much all of the aftermarket UCAs that don't have the extreme adjustability of the SPC and the JBA UCAs have state that they can get three degrees. The big thing to consider is that's at a factory ride height truck. As the truck is lifted its ability to get that high of a caster decreases. Which is why you end up with like 2.1 to 2.3.
Gotcha. You know anyone who wants to buy some icon UCAs? :ROFLMAO:

Gotcha. You know anyone who wants to buy some icon UCAs? :ROFLMAO:
Post them for sale on here. They are a popular item that usually go fast.

Tip: Most alignment shops are afraid to adjust the SPC UCAs during and alignment. You'll need to find an off-road shop competent enough to mess with them. Most alignment shops are only willing to go off of what the paper and machine say.

Post them for sale on here. They are a popular item that usually go fast.

Tip: Most alignment shops are afraid to adjust the SPC UCAs during and alignment. You'll need to find an off-road shop competent enough to mess with them. Most alignment shops are only willing to go off of what the paper and machine say.
I've be taking it to the truck shop in miramar for alignments. You have and other recommendations in san diego?

I've be taking it to the truck shop in miramar for alignments. You have and other recommendations in san diego?
You can try your shop, maybe call and ask them about this. Tell them exactly what the situation is. I had a guy in San Diego that was willing to work with my UCAs (I have the SPCs), but he was never able to get a good alignment on the truck.

I don't have any recommendations other than to Google around for actual 4x4 shops. I had my regear done at Brother's 4x4, but I'm not sure if they do alignments or not. I know there are plenty of 4x4 shops in SoCal, I just can't remember what they are because I moved back to NY.

You can try your shop, maybe call and ask them about this. Tell them exactly what the situation is. I had a guy in San Diego that was willing to work with my UCAs (I have the SPCs), but he was never able to get a good alignment on the truck.

I don't have any recommendations other than to Google around for actual 4x4 shops. I had my regear done at Brother's 4x4, but I'm not sure if they do alignments or not. I know there are plenty of 4x4 shops in SoCal, I just can't remember what they are because I moved back to NY.
I'll look around. Truck shop specializes in Toyota's and have been around since the 80s I figured they would be on of the best in SD. But I may be wrong about that.

firestone refused me lol, my alignment has been off forever and then I hit a massive hole offroading so my steering wheel isnt straight and passenger tire is way outta wack, I'll get to it eventually

firestone refused me lol, my alignment has been off forever and then I hit a massive hole offroading so my steering wheel isnt straight and passenger tire is way outta wack, I'll get to it eventually
Me too. Drives me nuts. I’m gonna get it dialed in by @john@mainlineoverland guy in March though. He is specifically a SPC UCA guru, so it should be good after that.

Sure wish my damn cam bolts weren’t frozen so I could have a real alignment :cry:

If anyone is trying to increase body mount clearance, then you would try to avoid having the upper control arm gain more caster, which would mean it is pulling the wheel hub rearward towards the body mount.
You would try to rotate the LCA ball joint forward (viewed from above), which would then gain caster and move the wheel hub forward towards front bumper. With a stock LCA, you could leave the forward LCA cam bolt stationary and rotate the rear LCA cam bolt to push the rear arm bushing outboard. The risk here is misaligning the bushing axis with the LCA tube which could shorten stock rubber bushing life, but poly bushings are not happy being misaligned and I don't recommend that.
Caster is important for sporty vehicle handling, it also helps your vehicle track and drive straighter on its own, and helps when countersteering for driftspec

You guys should have been surgeons. Your talking about technical details like I do body parts :LOL::eek:

I’m a little late to this thread lol but would the camburg kinetik series billet upper arms help with camber anymore than your typical UCA? Yes I know they’re an expensive option lol. But how would they fair to Spc?
8523AF72-5B02-4CB5-8EE2-D7756DA4A4B3.png

Back