• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Air bag light

Pancho

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
Anyone else had the Driver air bag light come on their truck? Mine has been on and off since around 2k miles. Right now my truck is at the dealership (Since 8/7/18) and they still can't dial in on the problem. Just curious. I've only know of 3 cases(nation wide) including mine that has had this issue with the 3rd Gen Tacomas.

Attachments

• 555638504.jpg
    555638504.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 555638512.jpg
    555638512.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 100
Well that sucks. What year and model? Have you done any wiring or electrical work?

Upvote 0
Anyone else had the Driver air bag light come on their truck? Mine has been on and off since around 2k miles. Right now my truck is at the dealership (Since 8/7/18) and they still can't dial in on the problem. Just curious. I've only know of 3 cases(nation wide) including mine that has had this issue with the 3rd Gen Tacomas.
Probly a faulty seatbelts buckle, seen that a few times on the Toyota 's

Upvote 0
What kind of response do they give when you call to ask about the status of your truck? Damn.

Upvote 0
Probly a faulty seatbelts buckle, seen that a few times on the Toyota 's

It was the whole harness. They finally replaced it after the 3rd time and i told them I wont take the truck back till they do that. I felt that should of been done the second time in since they couldnt figure out why it was coming on. They replaced: Drive air bag, spiral cable, ECU, and SRS harness. Almost 6k for the work. Not including my rental fees and labor from the other 2 times.
What kind of response do they give when you call to ask about the status of your truck? Damn.
My service advisor was great. She gave me every other day updates. Which was nice. Explained everything throughly. I do come from a collision background so I know my way around the components of a vehicle. I was more pissed at the foreman who tried to say I was in a front end accident. Guy doesnt know that Fenders (Which are plastic material) and hoods (Metal) are going to be a different shade of color even though it was painted at the same time. No matter what. Those will always be a different shade. He tried to get out of it by saying that. I put now about 2k miles since they replaced it and havent had the light come on since then. Taking it for its 10k service this week. Going to have them reinstall my lowjack or refund me for it since they uninstalled it.

Upvote 0
Back