• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

AGM main battery to lithium accessory batteries?

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
I have a Group 31 AGM battery powering my truck.

I have a regular 12v battery as the accessory battery in my camper. It is wired to my alternator as well.

But I have 2 lithium batteries that I want to replace the 12v accessory battery with. Can I just connect them and go? Or is this going to be a problem with the main battery being AGM?

I didn’t think there would be a problem until someone I know asked me what my plan is to go from AGM into lithium. And then I was like… uhhh 🤯

To be clear, the camper’s system is connected to the main battery. In between the main battery and accessory batteries is all of the stuff you would expect for a solar powered camper:

Charging relay, bus bar, fuses, kill switch, solar controller, inverter, battery monitor, etc.

Upvote 0
This is pretty much what I have waiting to be installed.

1623943123570.png

Upvote 0
Back