951_yota

= V • Platinum
T3G Supporter
First Name
Travis
Military
Air Force (Vet.)
T3G Member
Looking at the oilfilter its unreachable with my new skids on. Do I need to drop this before going to Toyota for oilchange?

Rob Daman

= VII • Aficionado
T3G O.G.
T3G Member
You may want to ask your local dealer about that. I know stock OR skids have to be dropped but since aftermarket is heavier who knows if they want to charge you. Plus I'd be concerned they over torque or strip them.

951_yota

= V • Platinum
T3G Supporter
First Name
Travis
Military
Air Force (Vet.)
T3G Member
Ya and there is a mid skid too that has to come off for the front. Gonna be a pain in the butt each oil change.

Taco_primo

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Brent
Military
Navy
T3G Member
My RCI skid had a oil filter panel.

FF25872F-FD36-4DAD-B528-AF7B7AFC820C.jpeg

951_yota

= V • Platinum
T3G Supporter
First Name
Travis
Military
Air Force (Vet.)
T3G Member
My RCI skid had a oil filter panel.

FF25872F-FD36-4DAD-B528-AF7B7AFC820C.jpeg

Ok so mine does not. I assume to maximize protection down there and eliminate any weak spots. Not a crazy big deal there just hard with one person to drop each time. Still worth it for the protection i guess

gaterose

= IV • Gold
First Name
Matt
T3G Member
I have wondered what Toyota would say as well. I plan to add skids eventually.. I actually have an old skid from my 4th gen 4runner that I thought would fit. Went through all the trouble of cutting a filter access hole out only to find that while a lot of the rest of the suspension/drivetrain is interchangeable, the Taco skid plate is about 2" longer :(

1528339214844.jpg

951_yota

= V • Platinum
T3G Supporter
First Name
Travis
Military
Air Force (Vet.)
T3G Member
I have wondered what Toyota would say as well. I plan to add skids eventually.. I actually have an old skid from my 4th gen 4runner that I thought would fit. Went through all the trouble of cutting a filter access hole out only to find that while a lot of the rest of the suspension/drivetrain is interchangeable, the Taco skid plate is about 2" longer :(

1528339214844.jpg
My skid is aluminum wonder how i could cut out the access hole or if i would even want to

Jay

= VII • Aficionado
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Jacob
Military
Navy
T3G Member

Skye_tacoma

= IV • Gold
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Nate
Military
Navy
T3G Member
Pelfrey doesn’t have a cut out either
Yeah they do. It’s a hole right under the pan. Just need an extender to reach the bolt. You’ll also probably get some oil splash on the inside of the skid.

Jay

= VII • Aficionado
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Jacob
Military
Navy
T3G Member
Yeah they do. It’s a hole right under the pan. Just need an extender to reach the bolt. You’ll also probably get some oil splash on the inside of the skid.
for an oil filter... no they do not

JusCampin

= II • Bronze
First Name
Jim
T3G Member

Add a Fumoto valve. Makes for an easy and clean oil drain right into a container. I also have something similar to drain the filter housing before removal.

Top Bottom