• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

80/20 / TNuts / Extruded Aluminum Design

Tielur

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
If anyone is planning on using extruded aluminum to design anything definitely check out frame designer. It's an older application that isn't really being updated anymore but it's pretty awesome for sketching out some stuff.

https://www.framexpert.com/products/framedesigner/download/

frame_designer_example.png

This is exactly what I need!! I'm planning an 80/20 build in my camper right now!!

It's official, this program is amazing and exactly what I needed. Now to finalize some measurements and build my interior.

If anyone is planning on using extruded aluminum to design anything definitely check out frame designer. It's an older application that isn't really being updated anymore but it's pretty awesome for sketching out some stuff.

FrameXpert | Framedesigner - Download

Holy crap. Just found this after @Mr. Nobody let me know. This looks super useful for building the inside of my camper, something I’ve been intimidated about. I’m glad I found it before I fully started.

I’ll be bookmarking this page and will also try to make it some kind of article here on the website so more people can easily find this.

I told you it was a rad program!!

FrameXpert | Framedesigner - Download

Is it just for designing extruded systems? Does it include hardware and things?

Back