SUSPENSION 5100 bilsteins to level front anyone?

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
I do think some people like to do this first and then do the back later when they have the funds. Ideally though, you’d replace the front coils too.

Jay

= VII • Aficionado
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Jacob
Military
Navy
T3G Member
Im running 5100s all around but i also paired them with ome 888s and a leaf pack. Gave me about a 3” with the 33s
37138FFE-C9A4-4D96-A0D4-68BDEEC6A753.jpeg

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
whats the full cost of shocks/coil/rear leaf? is there anything else you need or will those 3 things be good
I would also like to know ?
From Headstrong Off-road, a 5100 kit that comes with everything you need is about $1200 to $1600.

You can get upper control arms but you don’t have to. The shocks, coils, and add-a-leaf or leaf pack replacement are the bare minimum to get your truck lifted. Small things like the Taco lean spacer, driveshaft spacer, and ECGS bushing are technically optional but they’re cheap enough and important enough that you would just get those too.

Jay

= VII • Aficionado
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Jacob
Military
Navy
T3G Member
From Headstrong Off-road, a 5100 kit that comes with everything you need is about $1200 to $1600.

You can get upper control arms but you don’t have to. The shocks, coils, and add-a-leaf or leaf pack replacement are the bare minimum to get your truck lifted. Small things like the Taco lean spacer, driveshaft spacer, and ECGS bushing are technically optional but they’re cheap enough and important enough that you would just get those too.

I got my set up from them with the spc ucas and spent about that with the spacer and bushing.

TacoSlinger4000

= II • Bronze
First Name
Matt
T3G Member
bilsteins set at 1.75 pairs with original springs. Off to alignment tomorrow.
Measurements from center hub to fender

BEFORE:
- front driver: 20 1/2
- front passenger: 20 1/2
- Rear driver: 22
- Rear passenger: 22 1/8

AFTER:
- front driver: 22 3/8
- Front passenger: 22 1/4
- Rear driver: 22 1/8

Overall 1/8 of bro lean but I’m waiting for them to hopefully settle.
14AD8D03-14AA-4B0B-8057-CB0A20C21EE6.jpeg

Malcolm

= VII • Aficionado
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
Military
Navy
T3G Member
bilsteins set at 1.75 pairs with original springs. Off to alignment tomorrow.
Measurements from center hub to fender

BEFORE:
- front driver: 20 1/2
- front passenger: 20 1/2
- Rear driver: 22

AFTER:
- front driver: 22 3/8
- Front passenger: 22 1/4
- Rear driver: 22 1/8

Overall 1/8 of bro lean but I’m waiting for them to hopefully settle.
14AD8D03-14AA-4B0B-8057-CB0A20C21EE6.jpeg

Your fronts won’t settle as much as Leaf packs. Especially when weight is added to the rear. More likely to get more settle in the rear.

TacoSlinger4000

= II • Bronze
First Name
Matt
T3G Member
Your fronts won’t settle as much as Leaf packs. Especially when weight is added to the rear. More likely to get more settle in the rear.
Damn, also some how my drivers side ended up .125in higher than the passengers side. I thought taco lean was ther reverse lol

Malcolm

= VII • Aficionado
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
Military
Navy
T3G Member
Damn, also some how my drivers side ended up .125in higher than the passengers side. I thought taco lean was ther reverse lol
Taco lean doesn’t really depend on the suspension. Has a lot to do with the body mounts as the factory grommets wear rather quickly. Usually yes the driver side is what leans. Nothing to concern yourself with.

Tacoma.prod

= IV • Gold
T3G Supporter
Military
Marine Corps
T3G Member
Im running 5100s all around but i also paired them with ome 888s and a leaf pack. Gave me about a 3” with the 33s
37138FFE-C9A4-4D96-A0D4-68BDEEC6A753.jpeg
@ Jay — aside from looks and MPGs, do you have any other effects (good or bad) with your mod? Example: are there other adjustments you need to make aside from alignment or have there been reports of issues with other areas of the truck upgrading the suspension ?

Jay

= VII • Aficionado
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Jacob
Military
Navy
T3G Member
@ Jay — aside from looks and MPGs, do you have any other effects (good or bad) with your mod? Example: are there other adjustments you need to make aside from alignment or have there been reports of issues with other areas of the truck upgrading the suspension ?
Are you planning on flexing out the rear end. If yes do the brake lines. If no skip. You should invest in a cab mount chop. About 150$ and then sway bar relocation brackets or ditch it

Top Bottom