• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Recall 3rd gen Tacoma fuel pump recall (Jan 2020)

Page wouldn't load for me.
You mean the page to check your own VIN? It worked for me a few minutes ago but now I see it is stuck on the "page loading" part. Maybe too many people are using it at once.

Upvote 0
That's probably it.
I think a lot of people are losing their shit over this for some reason, I suppose because it sounds bad when it can "stall your vehicle while moving." But with 40k miles on my truck with no issues, I'm not concerned. If my VIN is part of the recall, I'll get it done and be on my way. It happens.

Upvote 0
It's still not loading for me so I haven't been able to check my truck. Anyone been able to check theirs yet?

Upvote 0
The site is loading now, but when I submit my VIN it just gives me, “No information found for the VIN entered. Please confirm your VIN.”

Upvote 0
The site is loading now, but when I submit my VIN it just gives me, “No information found for the VIN entered. Please confirm your VIN.”
Got the same thing. I checked it on the NHTSA site with my VIN and showed no recalls. Try the NHTSA site?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The recall doesn’t begin till March 30, 2020. I think they’re working to fix their vin number. My vin is attached to an app I use and it says I’m part of it.

Upvote 0
I spoke with my service advisor, who I use all the time, and I was just asking about an oil change when he brought up this recall. He says he hasn't even bothered to look mine up in the system yet as it's not until March. Once it's finalized he said he plans to look up a couple of our local trucks, pre-order the parts, and schedule all of us to come in.

Upvote 0
I spoke with my service advisor, who I use all the time, and I was just asking about an oil change when he brought up this recall. He says he hasn't even bothered to look mine up in the system yet as it's not until March. Once it's finalized he said he plans to look up a couple of our local trucks, pre-order the parts, and schedule all of us to come in.
That sounds nice. I wish I had a relationship like that. My guys didn't even want to put in the time to fix my wiggly driver seat...

Upvote 0
That sounds nice. I wish I had a relationship like that. My guys didn't even want to put in the time to fix my wiggly driver seat...

Definitely feel pretty fortunate with him. He talked about going to another brand dealership and my heart about stopped. Haha

Upvote 0
Looks like it's specific to the 2018-2019 model years according to the writeup.

Upvote 0
Talked to my service writer the other day and I'm not effected.

Upvote 0
Last I heard they didnt have a remedy. I am one of the folks that this happened to. 300 miles and the damn thing just stopped while I was driving down the road. With No warning, ive had rough idle and gas consumption issues ever since ?

Upvote 0
Last I heard they didnt have a remedy. I am one of the folks that this happened to. 300 miles and the damn thing just stopped while I was driving down the road. With No warning, ive had rough idle and gas consumption issues ever since ?
And their response is telling you they can't help you? Damn.

Upvote 0
Yup. Before the recall was released they ckaimed it was "bad gas." Pulease..... the codes were mechanical failure and rough idle, not gas. But I havent given up.

Upvote 0
Yup. Before the recall was released they ckaimed it was "bad gas." Pulease..... the codes were mechanical failure and rough idle, not gas. But I havent given up.
I wouldn’t give up either. That’s not right at all. You just have to find someone that actually cares enough to help.

Upvote 0
I just rechecked my VIN because they said something about finalizing the affected vehicles in March. Anyways, mine is on recall. I'll have to bring it in, but on the Toyota website it says there is no remedy for it yet and they are working on it.

1586956743765.png

@DerbyGirl28 IMO, if anything, they should provide you with a loaner vehicle since it is a known issue until they have a remedy, if the fuel pump was really the cause of your troubles.

Upvote 0
They did, for 2 weeks. But this was before the recall was announced and after 2 weeks corporate called me and said, "we have a theory. We think it was bad gas." Bullshit.. But That is why I no longer have a service loaner ? A very expensive lawn ornament..

Upvote 0
They did, for 2 weeks. But this was before the recall was announced and after 2 weeks corporate called me and said, "we have a theory. We think it was bad gas." Bullshit.. But That is why I no longer have a service loaner ? A very expensive lawn ornament..
That really sucks.

Upvote 0
Back