• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

285/75/16r anyone?

BrotacoTRD

3️⃣ Silver
Reaction score
Peeps and pepas,

Anyone running this setup? 285/75 16r? Looking for feedback, MPG impact, noise, mild offroading, and gearing, overall how's the ride? Do is it definitely require can mount chop or with a 2.5 lift will do the work with the right alignment specs.

Send it!:cool:

MPG impact: Used to get around 19 and now it’s around 14. Kinda wasn’t expecting that much of a drop.

Road noise: Depends on your tread. The BFG K02 is not very aggressive, so noise is almost not noticeable. My wife has the KM3 version on her Jeep, which is a mud tire, and that shit is loud.

Gearing: Stock gearing for me. With 285’s you really don’t need to regear. I’m sure if you have OVTune you especially wouldn’t.

Mild off-roading: This is probably the perfect tire size for that. Big enough for challenging stuff but practical enough to be on your DD.

Ride: You might notice a slight increase in vibration depending on your tread.

2.5” lift can get it done without a CMC and with a good alignment. I sometimes rub off-road but it doesn’t really affect anything. Regular driving, no rubbing.

DF14399A-AE9D-447E-A59F-D9F4AA07E2F9.jpeg
55EE7EE4-33DC-4F6D-8CE5-F569A0FDA8F4.jpeg
188CB0EC-4496-48E9-8D50-26383B20D054.jpeg

MPG impact: Used to get around 19 and now it’s around 14. Kinda wasn’t expecting that much of a drop.

Road noise: Depends on your tread. The BFG K02 is not very aggressive, so noise is almost not noticeable. My wife has the KM3 version on her Jeep, which is a mud tire, and that shit is loud.

Gearing: Stock gearing for me. With 285’s you really don’t need to regear. I’m sure if you have OVTune you especially wouldn’t.

Mild off-roading: This is probably the perfect tire size for that. Big enough for challenging stuff but practical enough to be on your DD.

Ride: You might notice a slight increase in vibration depending on your tread.

2.5” lift can get it done without a CMC and with a good alignment. I sometimes rub off-road but it doesn’t really affect anything. Regular driving, no rubbing.

DF14399A-AE9D-447E-A59F-D9F4AA07E2F9.jpeg
55EE7EE4-33DC-4F6D-8CE5-F569A0FDA8F4.jpeg
188CB0EC-4496-48E9-8D50-26383B20D054.jpeg

That first shot is super close...! Beast fab is throwing a deal with some sliders that you should jump on. Now from 19 to 14 on this...damn see, for my that is a high drop for my DD. I currently run 265/75/16r AT3Ws and don't notice any maybe 1mpg drop. Why is important because my JDM missile gets 7-8 on a good day without me going on spirited driving. No CMC? I heard some do because they don't want to fuck up their tires even more with the rub but gotta look into this. All good info. Thanks for the pics too.

That first shot is super close...! Beast fab is throwing a deal with some sliders that you should jump on. Now from 19 to 14 on this...damn see, for my that is a high drop for my DD. I currently run 265/75/16r AT3Ws and don't notice any maybe 1mpg drop. Why is important because my JDM missile gets 7-8 on a good day without me going on spirited driving. No CMC? I heard some do because they don't want to fuck up their tires even more with the rub but gotta look into this. All good info. Thanks for the pics too.
No problem. The first is closer than you think.

A6DCFC8E-2C30-4DB7-8D5C-3F27CF7AB9F3.jpeg

I'm running 285/75/R16 Falken Wildpeak AT3W and they are quiet.

mpg i'd say about anywhere from 13.5- 16. I have a heavy foot at times.

you don't need to regear but it definitely would help the drivability.

i'm jumping up to 315/75/R16 on a bilstein 5100 all around with HD Dakars to my rears until i can buy something significantly better for suspension. a lot of trimming on my part though.. and definitely need to do a CMC for this fitment. STUFFING THIS BITCH. and plus. this truck looks like it skipped leg day if you are smaller than a 285. if you drive a truck for the MPG... then you clearly bought the truck for the wrong reasons..

I'm running 285/75/R16 Falken Wildpeak AT3W and they are quiet.

mpg i'd say about anywhere from 13.5- 16. I have a heavy foot at times.

you don't need to regear but it definitely would help the drivability.

i'm jumping up to 315/75/R16 on a bilstein 5100 all around with HD Dakars to my rears until i can buy something significantly better for suspension. a lot of trimming on my part though.. and definitely need to do a CMC for this fitment. STUFFING THIS BITCH. and plus. this truck looks like it skipped leg day if you are smaller than a 285. if you drive a truck for the MPG... then you clearly bought the truck for the wrong reasons..

Hahaha you right bitch is my daily Cali gas prices are retarded AT. But true, alot chopping for 315s I've 305s but that's above my Offroad lifestyle. Can't have to many car projects. Learn that the hard way reason I'm careful about my 16' taco.

Off subject.......what do you have done to that sexy FD? I am taking that is your JDM missile you speak of.

Back