• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2019 Tacoma TSS ISSUES

Ernesto

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
TRD OR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
i had a shop tell me they couldnt level my truck out 3 inches because it would mess with the TSS. Has anyone found a way around this? Only with the 2019 tacomoas.

I believe that Toyota does advise against lift as it can mess with the TSS calibration. Personally with a 2018 with TSS and being lifted I have not seen any issues. Now I’m not at a 3” lift but I am at about 2” with 33” tires and have no issues..

I did however put a faux TRD Pro grill which lowers the TSS radar from the center of the grill to the bottom portion.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
@Robdaman they are saying anything 3 inches or higher but only in the 2019 Tacomas. I know the 2018 don’t have that issues :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
@cocodataco im glad to you hear you don’t have any issues! It’s does help, I was considering that idea as well with the TRD Pro grille, since it’d be sorta right around the same spot where the regular Toyota sensor would be at if that makes any sense.lol

Upvote 0
i had a shop tell me they couldnt level my truck out 3 inches because it would mess with the TSS. Has anyone found a way around this? Only with the 2019 tacomoas.
What suspension does your truck have in your avatar photo?

Upvote 0
Back