• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2019 2wd Tacoma 4banger

Will213

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
So like the title says that is what my wife bought me this Christmas. Now it is fully stock and not looking to put to much money in it but would like to know what I need in order to just do some off reading and where in SoCal can I go.

So like the title says that is what my wife bought me this Christmas. Now it is fully stock and not looking to put to much money in it but would like to know what I need in order to just do some off reading and where in SoCal can I go.
ultimately all you really need is a better tire than what comes stock. tires can go a long way, other than that maybe a suspension upgrade later down the line.

That’s a pretty cool Christmas gift. You have a photo of it?

In SoCal, and being 2wd, you could do Cleghorn. It offers varying levels of difficulty but the good thing is you can skip everything by staying on the fire road. I think it would be a good first place for you to go.

Alternatively, you can go to Ocotillo Wells and do some desert pre-running. Just air down your tires and be cautious about getting stuck since you won’t have 4wd to help you get out.

In SoCal, and being 2wd, you could do Cleghorn. It offers varying levels of difficulty but the good thing is you can skip everything by staying on the fire road. I think it would be a good first place for you to go.

Alternatively, you can go to Ocotillo Wells and do some desert pre-running. Just air down your tires and be cautious about getting stuck since you won’t have 4wd to help you get out.
That being said if you get stuck anywhere around there PM me and ill give you my contact and ill get youu unstuck

2017 2wd 4 banger right here!
4 bangers can have some fun and get a little muddy too ?
20181129_125808.jpg

Attachments

• 5FDA49FC-FA5A-48D1-86A1-41FC8D3D33A9.jpeg
    5FDA49FC-FA5A-48D1-86A1-41FC8D3D33A9.jpeg
    701.4 KB · Views: 119

Cleghorn ?
It has it’s easy, mild, & hard sections but like you said air down that helps a ton

Fresh! 2019 4 banger 2wd love it!

Attachments

• 2707E4F1-6231-4474-BD0B-54E114469EF5.jpeg
    2707E4F1-6231-4474-BD0B-54E114469EF5.jpeg
    505.9 KB · Views: 102
Back