• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2018 Taco TRD Pro 5' CAB

RobmanPRO

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Super excited to be chatting with a group far more knowledgeable than I on 3G Tacos. I have a 2018 TRD Pro 5' CAB with a Snugtop camper shell. Unfortunately the shell does not have roof rack slots. I would like to swap the shell and put racks on the cab and shell. Looking for advice on types, etc. Will mainly be hauling a canoe and a few other things OTR. Thanks!

Hi Folks,
Super excited to be chatting with a group far more knowledgeable than I on 3G Tacos. I have a 2018 TRD Pro 5' CAB with a Snugtop camper shell. Unfortunately the shell does not have roof rack slots. I would like to swap the shell and put racks on the cab and shell. Looking for advice on types, etc. Will mainly be hauling a canoe and a few other things OTR. Thanks!

Hello and welcome to Tacoma3g!

@UploadAdventure any suggestions?

Hi Folks,
Couple brands make racks that are same level.

UpTopOverland makes a roof rack (I’d get bravo) and a bed rack that you can mount to your existing shell if you wanted. Or they have a bed rack that meets the level.

Prinsu has a cab roof rack and a shell rack that will be equal height.

An SOS Softopper rack will be equal with an UpTopOverland rack (this is what I run at the moment)

Back