• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2017 Tacoma 13k miles

Galessio

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
My wife was taking her new Tacoma home drone the dealer and low oil pressure light came on. Drove for a mile to a safe location and truck started to buck and she turned it off. Dealer did not tighten oil plug and lost all its oil. Do I run from this truck?

My wife was taking her new Tacoma home drone the dealer and low oil pressure light came on. Drove for a mile to a safe location and truck started to buck and she turned it off. Dealer did not tighten oil plug and lost all its oil. Do I run from this truck?

I would sure as heck make the dealer go through the entire engine top to bottom to make sure that no damage was done to the vehicle. I'd be sure to make sure they add fresh oil and then I would probably have them drain it within the next thousand miles to make sure there's no metal flakes floating around the inside. You can pretty much force them to do just about anything that you're willing to put the effort into. Compression test, checking for check engine lights or soft codes, and anything else you can think of in regards to the engine health.

I would also be sure to strongly push for an extended warranty through Toyota. They screwed up, they should cover it. You can get up to a 10-year and I think 120,000 mile warranty. I would certainly push for something like that free of charge.

Upvote 0
I strongly agree with everything Andy said. It’s really unfortunate that they did this to your brand new truck. There is a good possibility damage was done. Maybe not enough to kill the engine, but it could be the cause of problems down the road. I would absolutely not go easy on Toyota with this.

Keep us posted with what happens.

Upvote 0
Back