• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

02 sensor?

Cody Ducusin

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Barcelona Red
In a few days I’m gonna install a K&N Blackhawk CAI and a Borla Exhaust. Has anyone had any problems with intake/exhaust causing the check engine light to go on? Typically 02 sensor related? If so what can be done to prevent this or would I have to take it to the dealership to recalibrate my computer?

Your O2 sensor isnt connected to your intake so you should be fine. never heard of that being an issue.

Upvote 0
Thank you Rob and Malcom. Installed the CAI and exhaust last week and so far no issues. I only asked because I had some friends tell me that it could be an issue. They’ve had that happen on their older Tacomas I believe 2nd gens, Never asked much about why or how.

Upvote 0
Thank you Rob and Malcom. Installed the CAI and exhaust last week and so far no issues. I only asked because I had some friends tell me that it could be an issue. They’ve had that happen on their older Tacomas I believe 2nd gens, Never asked much about why or how.
O2 sensors are before and after cats , changing exhaust will not effect the o2 sensors, unless you replace or remove cats

Upvote 0
Say you did remove the cat short of a tuner how would you go about stopping your truck from popping a code... I thought about 90 degree adapter

Upvote 0
Back