• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

YouTube channels and discussion

My new binge-watch channel is https://www.youtube.com/c/OttoEx/videos

1652633102605.png
Some groovy vehicles out there.

I just watched a video about clickbait titles and thumbnails, which are something that have really ruined my YouTube experience personally. It makes me never want to click those videos and I have unsubscribed from big channels that I used to love because of it. The video explains how the clickbait gets people more views but I don't understand why it actually works.

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2xHZPH5Sng

So now I'm going to do an experiment to see if it would work for me. But really I'm kind of cracking myself up with how stupid this video title is and how much it hurts to know I just wrote this. Look at the middle video lol:

1652997561866.jpeg

I just watched a video about clickbait titles and thumbnails, which are something that have really ruined my YouTube experience personally.

Taco related I watch RobMotive

Anytime I hear this guy I immediately get these fits of rage.

So now I'm going to do an experiment to see if it would work for me. But really I'm kind of cracking myself up with how stupid this video title is and how much it hurts to know I just wrote this. Look at the middle video lol:

Cringe. Did you update the title?

Last edited:
Cringe. Did you update the title?
I updated the title today, to what is in the screenshot.

“SHE installs ROOF RACK on HER
OVERLAND TACOMA! Easy, NO
DRILLING required!”

No one ever watches that video so I want to see if the BS clickbait crap actually makes a difference. If the video is actually getting more views after a week or so, I have lost faith in humanity, lol. A title like that should not be getting more views than a legitimate title.

I updated the title today, to what is in the screenshot.

“SHE installs ROOF RACK on HER
OVERLAND TACOMA! Easy, NO
DRILLING required!”

No one ever watches that video so I want to see if the BS clickbait crap actually makes a difference. If the video is actually getting more views after a week or so, I have lost faith in humanity, lol. A title like that should not be getting more views than a legitimate title.
Might have to re-upload to update the upload date. People are more likely to check more recent videos. Then screencap a picture of you in a thong.

Back