• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Yet another lift advice thread (sorry, new truck owner)

ragnaraven

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
I’ve had my 2021 Tacoma TRD Off-Road for about 7 months now and my stock tires are starting to look like chicken legs on this beast of a truck. Ideally, I would love to fit 285/70/17 and from the research I have done it sounds like I would need at a minimum a 2 inch lift to prevent rubbing.

I was looking at Eibach Pro lift kits and think I could get a 2-2.5” lift but I have no idea what to even look at for UCA’s. From what I’m reading, a 2” lift with 33’s would require new UCA’s but I’m clueless at what I’m shopping for, would appreciate any advice. I also see a lot of discourse around add a leaf’s, is that something I should look into as well?

This idiot appreciates all the help that you Tacoma gurus may provide!

Questions to answer for yourself:

Budget: $600 DIY or $6000 lift?
Expected use: daily driver on the road? Occasional off road? Trail rig on a trailer?

Your lift options will be considerably narrowed down if you answer these questions.

I was expecting to spend somewhere in the $1000-$1500 range. My truck is my daily driver but I still want a capable off-road setup for weekend trips

@ragnaraven - Let me know if we can help!

UCAs are always recommend to achieve a proper alignment and ultimately gets you proper tire wear. Without UCAs your camber and caster will be out of the needed degree range for good steering, good ride and good tire wear.

SPC UCAs are our number 1 pick due to the price and they offer additional camber & caster adjustment on top of the factory cams. This would allow you to achieve the best possible alignment. They also allow your suspension to move much more freely giving a more comfortable ride and steering feel.

The Eibach stage 1 kit is BY FAR the best bang for your buck on the market hands down. We sell and install so many I lost track. Well over 100 trucks this year alone, not just Tacoma’s.

We have a ton of the stage 1 kits on the shelf, we just got 17 in today alone. We also offer pre-assembly service to save you time and money during the installation especially if you plan to tackle it alone.

Shoot us a message and I’d love to chat more and really get you set up with the best possible kit for your needs.

Eibach is also 15% off still for the holidays with code “E15” at checkout!

SPC is 10% off as well with code “SPC10

Attachments

• 4EA505C5-069A-4B2B-95EA-8D51E79AF10B.jpeg
    4EA505C5-069A-4B2B-95EA-8D51E79AF10B.jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 59
I was expecting to spend somewhere in the $1000-$1500 range. My truck is my daily driver but I still want a capable off-road setup for weekend trips
Great. Bilstein, Eibach, and OME (old man emu) early stage lots should get you into that price range. Let us know what you come up with.

SPC’s is my vote for upper control arms …! Ball joint is fully replaceable…easy to find replacement too..
Less maintenance then a UNI upper control arms…
Aloha

For tires instead of going 285 whatevers, if you do a lot of highway driving like me. My plan is to go 255/80 or 75 depending on what tire I find. I'd say my driving is 95% highway. 5% offroad. I think the "Skinny" 33's will be just fine. I also plan to go with the Eibach Stage 1 with AAL.

Debating skinny pizza cutters as well. I have Icon Stage 3 lift with Delta Joint UCA's and AAL. It wasn't cheap but I got a good deal for ~$2600. A buddy helped me install them so that just cost me a case of beer and a good meal. It gave me a good 2.75" lift which should allow for 33's.

Back