• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Wiring a Rockville subwoofer

Rkelly352

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering how I should wire my new Rockville subwoofer to my 2016 tacoma. Any help plz!!
Since the new Tacoma’s don’t have a regular “plug and play”

Attachments

• D1C4FC95-14EE-427A-94B6-D2DB471B03BF.jpeg
    D1C4FC95-14EE-427A-94B6-D2DB471B03BF.jpeg
    431.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 331F04D1-5F36-46A1-8B99-DD562186E0AD.jpeg
    331F04D1-5F36-46A1-8B99-DD562186E0AD.jpeg
    388 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    715.8 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    790.2 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    796.8 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    686.4 KB · Views: 95
Hey, I was wondering how I should wire my new Rockville subwoofer to my 2016 tacoma. Any help plz!!
Since the new Tacoma’s don’t have a regular “plug and play”
Line output converter possibly may help ?
Not on my taco but On my other car that’s a 2015 civic it didn’t have inputs so I installed a LOC and it’s been working awesome since

Get an LOC as mentioned. This will convert the signals from the stock HU wires into RCA's that can be plugged into the amp. There are other ways you can just hack up the harness and make it work but I suggest getting an LOC. I've seen a lot of issues come up when people just hack the harness.

Something like this would work.

Get an LOC as mentioned. This will convert the signals from the stock HU wires into RCA's that can be plugged into the amp. There are other ways you can just hack up the harness and make it work but I suggest getting an LOC. I've seen a lot of issues come up when people just hack the harness.

Something like this would work.

Exactly and the lc2 is the best brand out right now from what I remember for a LOC

Exactly and the lc2 is the best brand out right now from what I remember for a LOC

They are the most popular and pretty much have the market cornered for LOC. Kicker, JL, Rockford, Scosche, all make LOC's but I'd still go with an Audiocontrol one if I had to use a LOC.

Back