• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

windshield replacement

IDAHO1811

3️⃣ Silver
Reaction score
Replacement Windshield ?
I have a 2021 Tacoma and it has a clear windshield. The dealer has told me the windshield I have is not replaceable at the dealership. I have had my 4X4 Offroad since last September & it has 7300 miles on it. I did not know it came with a 'clear' windshield. I use this truck on our farm 218 miles north of Boise. I have had windshields that got cracked and or chipped on my previous 3 Tacomas but never had problems with replacements. I was told that because of the electronics for the accessories going thru the windshield the dealership can't replace windshields. They said they can tint them but not replace them. Can you tell me what do I need to do for a replacement? Any info on costs?

Replacement Windshield ?
I have a 2021 Tacoma and it has a clear windshield. The dealer has told me the windshield I have is not replaceable at the dealership. I have had my 4X4 Offroad since last September & it has 7300 miles on it. I did not know it came with a 'clear' windshield. I use this truck on our farm 218 miles north of Boise. I have had windshields that got cracked and or chipped on my previous 3 Tacomas but never had problems with replacements. I was told that because of the electronics for the accessories going thru the windshield the dealership can't replace windshields. They said they can tint them but not replace them. Can you tell me what do I need to do for a replacement? Any info on costs?
I just had the windshield replaced on my 2019. My insurance covered it thankfully. It was $570 for the replacement and for the recalibration of the electronics. That was through safelite and that was aftermarket glass and hardware. I was also told by my insurance company that only 2022-23 model year vehicles qualify for oem glass and hardware. This is geico, I don’t know what other insurance companies will say.

Back