• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Will a 2.5 inch lift with zero-offset wheels with 33’s cause rubbing without trimming?

Trucker2000

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
I’ve been reading conflicting views on whether I will get rubbing with 33 inch tires. I have a 21 tacoma short bed and would prefer not to do any trimming. Will a 2.5 lift with bilstein 5100 give me the required clearance. Ideally I would go -10 offset on wheels but understand I’m likely to get rubbing with this configuration.

I am looking at fitting wildpeak At3 tires.

I have 33 BFGs (285 width) with zero offset rims (17 inch) on 3 inch rear and 1.5 front and I had to do a trim and some heating and reshaping.

Stay stock wheels and you'll rub a bit in your control arms (like I do) but nowhere else. Get wider or offset rims and you'll rub a bit on the bumper or body/fenders just behind the front wheels. Get skinny tires and you'll avoid rubbing anywhere.

I have 33 10.5 on zero offset with a 2 inch lift and there was some plastic rubbing. Not a lot. Minor trimming.

-M

Stay stock wheels and you'll rub a bit in your control arms (like I do) but nowhere else. Get wider or offset rims and you'll rub a bit on the bumper or body/fenders just behind the front wheels. Get skinny tires and you'll avoid rubbing anywhere.
would downsizing to 32s with offset work without rubbing?

Probably. All 33's aren't 33's, and all 32's aren't 32's.

33 skinnies (pizza cutters) with Icon UCA that allows for adjustment (camber). No rubbing now, no trimming needed.

What’s the offset of the ‘20 pro wheel? +4mm?

Curious if I should remove my wheel spacers before I put larger tires on. The sport wheel is +30 so with spacers I’m at -1.75. Seems like negligible amount but rather prepare to fight the red locktite ahead of time if I do need to pull them.

What’s the offset of the ‘20 pro wheel? +4mm?

Curious if I should remove my wheel spacers before I put larger tires on. The sport wheel is +30 so with spacers I’m at -1.75. Seems like negligible amount but rather prepare to fight the red locktite ahead of time if I do need to pull them.
Yes, if you go bigger, the wheel spacers will cause you to rub on your cab mount and fender edges in the *front.*

The rear will be fine. I've got wheel spaces on mine, and they work great. Kept them off in the front.

Yes, if you go bigger, the wheel spacers will cause you to rub on your cab mount and fender edges in the *front.*

The rear will be fine. I've got wheel spaces on mine, and they work great. Kept them off in the front.

Ok great to know, thank you. I tried to guesstimate the scrub of the tire by watching the current setup, but adding an inch and a half to each side is definitely cutting it close. I’ll pull the spacers next week for sure.

Back