• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Why did you decide to buy a Tacoma?

After being on here for a while and seeing all these awesome trucks. Each one having it's own purpose and personal touch. It got me thinking and wondering why each of us chose this particular vehichle. Aside from the obvious durability, what made you commit. Did you have big plans for it? Did life dictate a need for it?

For me, I drove a 2011 Ford F250 for 10yrs before this rig. It was a great truck, especially living on a farm. It would pull anything I asked it to and never gave me any mechanical headaches. But after 180k miles it needed a new bed. So I looked at getting another. I prefer my trucks stripped down. Hand crank windows and rubber floors. The same truck I paid 36k for in 2010 was now 48k. No way in hell I was paying that for a stripped down truck that got me 11mpg.
I love offloading and have been doing it since I was a kid. I knew my future would need a four door over an extended cab and higher fuel economy would be great. So I started looking at the Tacoma. In October 2019 dealers were still trying to get rid of units to make room for the '20 models and I got a killer deal on my 2019 SR. I had plans on building and adventure rig and used the extra cash to build it out. I now have a rig that's built that can show my family places and experience things that most travelers dont get to see. It's a never ending build that me and the kids get to work on so they can learn and developed a skill and hobby if they'd like. Plus my lovely wife is just as Tacoma crazy as I am so parts are always a go. It gave me a super reliable vehichle and brought my family together. The truck was a no brainer in the end.
20200823_083739-01.jpeg
20210531_145913-01.jpeg
Love the setup! Strong work! Reliability and resale value. Scratch the resale value now that I have added upgrades and mods… I’ll never get rid of it now! Having way too much fun with this thing!

Back