• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Game Who are you? (Random questions game)

long hair pussy cat (Wednesday), and 2 cockatiels (Andy & Jessee)
Emotion Reaction GIF

Pet peeves: slow drivers in the left lane and slow drivers entering the highway.
Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

New car/truck you like that isn't a Taco?: Electric Silverado
It does look cool. The Hummer looks cool too.

1647198973147.png

Married?: Not by the law, however very devoted
Only recently did I learn about common-law marriage in a podcast. So that's an option I guess lol

Common-law marriage, also known as non-ceremonial marriage, sui iuris marriage, informal marriage, or marriage by habit and repute, is a legal framework where a couple may be considered married without having formally registered their relation as a civil or religious marriage.

That's wild. Some people are built different I guess.

Reasonable notion.
I’m an open book. Service driven with a passion for adventure. Whenever I get good at something, I get bored and seek out new adventures. GOD has blessed me. Believe me when I say that I can be a real bumbass at times.

Divorces? 1
Proposals? 2
Marriage? 2
Widowed? No
Children? 2
Grandkids? 0
Surgeries? 7
Piercings? 2
Tattoos? 10
Shot a gun? Yes
Quit a job? Yes
Ever been on tv? Yes
Hit a deer? Yes
Watched someone give birth? Yes
Watched someone die? Yes
Rode in an ambulance? Yes
Visited Las Vegas? Yes
Sang karaoke? Yes
Rode a jet ski? No
Been snow skiing? Yes
Been water skiing? Yes
Ice skating? Yes
Roller Skating? Yes
Rode on a motorcycle? Yes
Stayed in a hospital ? Yes

Divorces? 0
Proposals? 1
Marriage? 1
Widowed? no
Children? 0
Grandkids? 0
Surgeries? 0
Piercings? 5
Tattoos? 2
Shot a gun? yes
Quit a job? yes
Ever been on tv? no
Hit a deer? a deer ran into my S-10 Blazer while I was driving and the door had to be replaced
Watched someone give birth? no
Watched someone die? saw a lady run in front of a train
Rode in an ambulance? yes
Visited Las Vegas? yes
Sang karaoke? yes
Rode a jet ski? yes
Been snow skiing? no
Been water skiing? no
Ice skating? yes
Roller Skating? yes
Rode on a motorcycle? yes
Stayed in a hospital ? yes

Those were good ones. Random questions like that are actually interesting to answer.

Kids?: No, we tried and even got pregnant twice
Happened once to us in 2017. Crazy to think about what a different place we would be in today.

a cat we call "Mama" because she was dumped on our front door with a newborn litter. We never named her because we thought once the litter was weened and the kittens adopted out, she would just leave, but she decided to lay claim to our garage, so we have a cat with no name aka "Mama"
This is so weird because my in-laws had the EXACT same situation. Same name, same reasoning, same everything.

Stationed at Kadena AB, Okinawa
Mr. Fancy. I was on Kinser. At least it wasn't Schwab or something.

Pet peeves: "One Up People" We all know someone like this. No matter what you have, or what you may have experienced, they have been there and done that better, faster, cheaper.
Huge one for me. Also seems to be a problem on a lot of other forums.

Only recently did I learn about common-law marriage in a podcast. So that's an option I guess lol

Common-law marriage, also known as non-ceremonial marriage, sui iuris marriage, informal marriage, or marriage by habit and repute, is a legal framework where a couple may be considered married without having formally registered their relation as a civil or religious marriage.
In my experience it’s those that have been married then divorced have no desire to go through the legal process once again or we just have trust issues 🤣

From Zeeland myself. Live in Hamilton now but good to see someone from my hometown on here
The Klompmaker Taco was down in Allegan woods yesterday morning! You know of any other good trails around? Would love to do some in person meet-up style stuff too.

Did you love or hate? Any interesting stories from back then?
Still surf down there it's not far from where I live now. There are a lot of neo nano wannabe thugs in the water but they're easily scared away or I paddle somewhere else. I don't like the development and changes going on. People come in with a business and only last couple years because can't afford it. Really high changeover. Small surf town feels kind of gone.
Awesome. I intended to get myself to USMC combatant diver school if I didn't get medically discharged.
We had a couple of Marines at the school house. Really good dudes. One was RECON.
A buddy of mine used to work down at Pendleton on the Delmar side at RECON running the recompression chamber down there. I used hang out and have nothing better to do. Really good bunch of guys.
Yes

The new Wilderness is really cool looking but I know a lot of people hate the fenders.
Yeah I've got a 2021 outback before the wilderness. It's the wife's car. Because of COVID has not been driven hardly at all so it's a low mileage. I've had them before. They are great vehicles in the mountains that's all I gotta say.

@nickyreno - agree/disagree?
RE: Tesla. Do you have one? I'd love to know what you think as somebody that works on his own Tacoma, but can't touch the car. That is my "hate owning one" part, I'm not a fan of having to take it to a dealership for every little thing.

Agreed. At the same time, I pet peeve over drivers that are no aware of their surroundings. Whether it be slow driving in the left lane and causing a bottleneck (not because I'm trying to speed by like an ass), not letting trucks make wide turns, and doing other things "wrong" because they just don't know.

The biggest "wrong" thing that has been happening lately for some reason, is someone giving me the right of way when they shouldn't be, risking our safety. This month alone I had two different cars STOP AT A GREEN LIGHT to let me make my left turn...
Part of me wishes we had to renew licenses for driving, but I also know that would be pointless and a complete pain in the ass. It's bad enough just going to DMV for a new card.

And you nailed it. Pittsburgh suburbs is FULL of those, usually at stop signs, but so many people try to be nice by doing unpredictable things. A lot of people then get angry about it and try to pass them or some, it's terrifying sometimes.

Same. I enjoy being around people like us (people I meet through my hobbies) but I don't like being around people in general.
I need to get away from everybody for days too, even people I like, I just need a lot of alone time.

First name: Miguel
Current location:
South FL

Hometown:
Miami
Married?:
Not yet
Kids?:
Not yet
Pets?:
Sadly, No

Current job:
Sales rep at Dobinsons
Interesting past jobs?:
Not interesting but kinda funny, I worked at a Chipotle, then quit and worked next door lol
Dream job:
4WD 24/7

Interesting locations traveled:
Yosemite was really cool
Pet peeves:
Backwards snorkel heads
New car/truck you like that isn't a Taco?:
Ranger Raptor looks awesome
Is cost of living going to be the demise of your sanity?:
Most likely

Current location: South FL

Hometown: Miami
Married?: Not yet
Kids?: Not yet
Pets?: Sadly, No

Current job: Sales rep at Dobinsons
Interesting past jobs?: Not interesting but kinda funny, I worked at a Chipotle, then quit and worked next door lol
Dream job: 4WD 24/7

Interesting locations traveled: Yosemite was really cool
Pet peeves: Backwards snorkel heads
New car/truck you like that isn't a Taco?: Ranger Raptor looks awesome
Is cost of living going to be the demise of your sanity?: Most likely
Yes sir that Ranger Raptor looks impressive! Backwards snorkel heads🤣

First name: David
Current location:Riverside,CA

Hometown:Riverside,CA
Married?:no
Kids?:no
Pets?: none at the moment :(

Current job: Chp Automotive Technician 2 And amazon associate at amazon prime
Interesting past jobs?: Service tech at hyundai
Dream job: Rally driver

Interesting locations traveled: Colombia, Across the us.
Pet peeves: when all the drivers are going slow..
New car/truck you like that isn't a Taco?: 80 series landcruiser,triple locked and on 37's.
Is cost of living going to be the demise of your sanity?: probably.

Last edited:
Current location: Lebanon, MO

Hometown: Born in San Bernadino, CA, but I have resided in Lebanon, MO for 50 + years.
Married?: Married for 40 years
Kids?: 3 children and 10 grandkids
Pets?: No

Current job: Office/Admin work at an Anheuser-Busch Inbev distributor.
Dream job: To work at a golf course in FL during the winter. (retirement job)

Interesting locations traveled: Paris, London, Germany, and motorcycle trips to Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls, Colorado, Blue Ridge Parkway, and Glacier.
Pet peeves: distracted drivers and inconsiderate people
New car/truck you like that isn't a Taco?: something electric/hybrid
Is cost of living going to be the demise of your sanity?: yes, if it postpones my retirement

Last edited:
Late to the game again.

First name: J.C.
Current location: Pittsburgh, PA

Hometown:
Mercersburg, PA
Married?: No
Kids?: No
Pets?: Girlfriend's dog, but he might like me more than her

Current job:
Research Engineer at Arconic (we supply the Al to make the Ford F150, but also supply to Toyota, Tesla, GM, Subaru, Nissan, Boeing, Airbus, Gulfstream, Lockheed, etc.)
Interesting past jobs?:
Worked at one of the nation's largest goldfish hatcheries
Dream job: NASA or a Game Warden (I don't know what I want to be when I grow up)

New Zealand
Pet peeves: chewing/mouth noises
New car/truck you like that isn't a Taco?: Nothing new has caught my eye, but I have a soft spot for Jeeps and HMMWVs
Is cost of living going to be the demise of your sanity?: Definitely a contributor

Current location:Riverside,CA

Hometown:Riverside,CA
Married?:no
Kids?:no
Pets?: none at the moment :(

Current job: Chp Automotive Technician 2 And amazon associate at amazon prime
Interesting past jobs?: Service tech at hyundai
Dream job: Rally driver

Interesting locations traveled: Colombia, Across the us.
Pet peeves: when all the drivers are going slow..
New car/truck you like that isn't a Taco?: 80 series landcruiser triple locked and on 37's.
Is cost of living going to be the demise of your sanity?: probably.
I am right there with you FJ80 Every day.

RE: Tesla. Do you have one? I'd love to know what you think as somebody that works on his own Tacoma, but can't touch the car. That is my "hate owning one" part, I'm not a fan of having to take it to a dealership for every little thing.

Part of me wishes we had to renew licenses for driving, but I also know that would be pointless and a complete pain in the ass. It's bad enough just going to DMV for a new card.

And you nailed it. Pittsburgh suburbs is FULL of those, usually at stop signs, but so many people try to be nice by doing unpredictable things. A lot of people then get angry about it and try to pass them or some, it's terrifying sometimes.

I need to get away from everybody for days too, even people I like, I just need a lot of alone time.

Ye Olde Pittsburgh Left. I hate it.

Current location: South FL

Hometown: Miami
Married?: Not yet
Kids?: Not yet
Pets?: Sadly, No

Current job: Sales rep at Dobinsons
Interesting past jobs?: Not interesting but kinda funny, I worked at a Chipotle, then quit and worked next door lol
Dream job: 4WD 24/7

Interesting locations traveled: Yosemite was really cool
Pet peeves: Backwards snorkel heads
New car/truck you like that isn't a Taco?: Ranger Raptor looks awesome
Is cost of living going to be the demise of your sanity?: Most likely
You have my vote with Yosemite. The first date with my wife (1980) Was a three day camp trip In Yosemite And the local redwoods.

First name: Justin
Current location: Ozark, MO (Southwest Missouri)

Hometown: Springfield, MO
Married?: Yes (8 years in September)
Kids?: Nope
Pets?: Tila Belle (Yorkie 13 years old)

Current job: Supply at a Missouri Army National Guard Flight Facility
Interesting past jobs?: Apache Helo Mechanic
Dream job: Car Builder

Interesting locations traveled: Iraq
Pet peeves: Seen or when people say something like "yours is just like mines"
New car/truck you like that isn't a Taco?: That's a loaded question, but the new Sequoia is looking amazing
Is cost of living going to be the demise of your sanity?: It sucks, but what am I going to do? Starve?

Last edited:

New car/truck you like that isn't a Taco?: That's a loaded question, but the new Sequoia is looking amazing
Is cost of living going to be the demise of your sanity?: It sucks, but what am I going to do? Starve?
Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday, Justin!

Happy Birthday man!

First name: Jeremy
Current location:
Holland, MI

Hometown:
Holland
Married?:
No (GF though)
Kids?:
Nope
Pets?:
Dog (Beagle - Copper (girl))

Current job:
Medical Display Designer / New Holland Overland Shop Owner
Interesting past jobs?:
Bike Mechanic
Dream job:
Full time traveler

48/50 States, Europe
Pet peeves:
People not doing what they say (Dont tell me your gonna do something and then not do it)
New car/truck you like that isn't a Taco?:
Bronco
Is cost of living going to be the demise of your sanity?:
Just working extra harder to keep up...current administration could help make it easier but we wont go there ;)

Thoughts on Ram TRX?

Stay at home dads don't get enough recognition 😂

One of the few. That's awesome.

Well said.

Would you become a park ranger if possible?

🐛 agrees.

So much yes.

It's cute how these truck manufacturers are having a spat over trucks by naming them after dinosaurs. It's like the same 5-year-old children who wrote the Fast and the Furious movies were given the responsibility of naming the latest trucks.

At the end of the day, I don't give a fuck. I think the Raptor looks better and I happen to like the ecoboost.

Agreed. At the same time, I pet peeve over drivers that are no aware of their surroundings. Whether it be slow driving in the left lane and causing a bottleneck (not because I'm trying to speed by like an ass), not letting trucks make wide turns, and doing other things "wrong" because they just don't know.

The biggest "wrong" thing that has been happening lately for some reason, is someone giving me the right of way when they shouldn't be, risking our safety. This month alone I had two different cars STOP AT A GREEN LIGHT to let me make my left turn...

@nickyreno - agree/disagree?

Same. I enjoy being around people like us (people I meet through my hobbies) but I don't like being around people in general.

Depends on what you wouldn't like about owning a Tesla. Is it the money you'll save on fuel? The money you'll save on gas station treats? Being faster than virtually everyone else around you at any given time? Being the most comfortable car you've ever driven? Blowing the doors off all those noisy-ass rice cakes without even making a peep? Ability to eat a hamburger without touching the steering wheel? Being in the safest car on the road? Being on rails in the snow? Being kind to the environment? Perhaps you speculate the build quality, and would rather the build quality of the new McLaren's? Or maybe you just don't like the guy who invented them: Who's known as the peoples billionaire, who also happens to be the guy that privatized space travel, and is also now a warlord, and champion of freedom for the Ukraine.

Back