• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Where can I make 80k a year?

I make those numbers doing glorified tech support. Get yourself a CISSP cert.

I too have started thinking about jobs that aren’t the typical 9-5. I joined the army at 18. Fast forward 7 years and I’m looking at getting out. I’m tired and my body has its pains lol. I like doing hands on stuff, always have. I know I could easily get an aviation job in the civilian world being that I’ve worked on ah-64’s for 6 years now doing armament, avionics and electrical work. But I’d also like to have my life back and relax by exploring and finally using my truck for what’s its meant for lol. I have a couple uncles that are big into computer stuff and both just retired from teaching. I like the idea of something in the computer or tech support field because I could theoretically do that job anywhere. I’m open to ideas though and still hopefully have plenty of life left to try new things down the road

You'll be chasing domains and handles with each new generation. Maybe start thinking about new branding options for 4th gens and beyond. ://Taco.Space Taco.Club Taco.City

101domain has tons of non standard top level domains
I just grabbed tacoma4.com (and tacoma3.com). So now I’ll be ready for the 4th gen in 2022+ lol.

I also own tacoma1g, tacoma2g, tacoma3g, tacoma5g, and I think tacoma6g, all .com. I figured why not since they’re pretty cheap and people like to troll domain names.

You can do it
Nissan.com is owned by a guy with that last name and he refuses to sell it to Nissan regardless of price. Insane.

(Not to steal this thread sry)

The nissan.com story is a classic because they tried to sue for it and he won it for obvious reasons and the fact that he remains so principled is beautiful :)

Here it is, alls we need is a goat riding shotgun.

Attachments

• F4D8D8F1-6658-4199-AAE7-54FFE485EEB1.png
    F4D8D8F1-6658-4199-AAE7-54FFE485EEB1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 56
Man it’s a shame. Stopped watching him lately. Every time I see the thumbnail, I shake my head.

I know it helps for views but it doesn’t help in the long run
Same. I used to be a fan around two years ago. I can't watch it anymore. It's all cringey clickbait stuff with the inevitable big YouTuber personality style now. I'm not sure why everyone has to change when they get big.

Same. I used to be a fan around two years ago. I can't watch it anymore. It's all cringey clickbait stuff with the inevitable big YouTuber personality style now. I'm not sure why everyone has to change when they get big.

I think it’s a rule, or it’s just now they don’t have to try so hard cause they have a base already.

I’ll tell ya, Whistlindiesel is on my top lists. That dude never disappoints. I know he tears his stuff up but the viewers are the ones who pay him to do so lol. Seems like he has a ton of fun doing it. And he’s huge compared to MP, still acts the same as he did in his first videos lol

If you want entertainment, with no clickbait, he’s the dude lol

I think it’s a rule, or it’s just now they don’t have to try so hard cause they have a base already.

I’ll tell ya, Whistlindiesel is on my top lists. That dude never disappoints. I know he tears his stuff up but the viewers are the ones who pay him to do so lol. Seems like he has a ton of fun doing it. And he’s huge compared to MP, still acts the same as he did in his first videos lol

Is he the dude that destroys $100k trucks? If so, I've seen those are they are definitely entertaining.

Is he the dude that destroys $100k trucks? If so, I've seen those are they are definitely entertaining.

Haha yes. He’s the dude. Just grabbed an r8 and I’m really hoping that his monster duramax drives over it lol

That’s just the destructo kid inside me.

Haha yes. He’s the dude. Just grabbed an r8 and I’m really hoping that his monster duramax drives over it lol

That’s just the destructo kid inside me.
That kid is living a sweet life. I want to break stuff and get paid for it. There's nothing more fun than being reckless with a truck, lol.

0926091105.jpg

This is one of my favorite destructive experiences. The photo may not look like much, but:
  • One winch line snapped trying to pull it out
  • One winch overheated to death
  • Two tow ropes snapped
  • The truck then stayed there for 48 hours
  • My dad had to bring his F-150 in to help once I told him how stuck I was. He had no choice but to let a tree dent the bed of his truck because of the narrow trail (I did that too)
  • We had to go to an auto store to buy an extra floor jack so we could use two floor jacks and plywood to try to lift it up a little bit
  • With the plywood method, his truck was finally able to pull it out
  • On the way home I found I out blew the engine. I guess it leaked or burned oil from all the revving while stuck. Drove home with a nice rod knock
  • I guess we didn't rinse our clothes off good enough because we damaged our washing machine from mud lol

Reckless makes memories. This was 11 or 12 years ago and I'll never forget it.

Depending on where you live the tech world is huge. Thanks to the Navy and my clearances I hopped out of the service and into a job making 6 figures with benefits and bonuses.
cyber security is only going to become bigger and bigger why not hop in now

That kid is living a sweet life. I want to break stuff and get paid for it. There's nothing more fun than being reckless with a truck, lol.

Deep down I think everyone wants to they just can’t admit it. Who else played with hot wheels and slammed them into each other and faked car wrecks, as a child? Who built LEGO vehicles and ran them into something just to watch them break? I can’t be the only one lol

Deep down I think everyone wants to they just can’t admit it. Who else played with hot wheels and slammed them into each other and faked car wrecks, as a child? Who built LEGO vehicles and ran them into something just to watch them break? I can’t be the only one lol
I was a Matchbox kid because they are more realistic looking. But yes, I definitely did that.

I was a Matchbox kid because they are more realistic looking. But yes, I definitely did that.

Thats whistlindiesel, just with 4,20,40,100k dollar vehicles lol. That’s why people can’t look away. They hate it cause they can’t do that. Hell I wouldn’t even think of doing that to my stuff.

I have made a step in the right direction (I Think). I have figured out how to get on the amazon affiliate program so I can put links in the description of my video. I know it won't be much but it's a start. Any kind of "passive" income would be freakin' awesome. Let me know y'alls thoughts on any of this, I enjoy chatting with you guys.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the medical field. There are many careers that with a little work to earn a degree, and you can work less than you play.

I'm in medical imaging, 13 months after graduating with a two year associates degree, I work 3x12's, 4 days off, earn 7 hours PTO every other week, and full medical, killer retirement, and base pay before taking any call or overtime of 102k. This is the first time in my life, thatI have lived more than I work.

I worked numerous jobs in construction, March-October I could earn as much every month as I do now, but I worked 60+ hour weeks, and spent all day Saturday and Sunday recovering (if I had them off), then in the off season my income was a fraction, totaling out to a lower annual salary.

There are also traveling medical positions, I know a couple traveler techs that move around, working for 13 weeks in one location, then take 2 months off to travel and play, then find another location to enjoy working in for 13 weeks again, and so on. If I wasn't married, this is what I'd do in a heart beat.

"You WILL NOT believe what SHE DID TO MY TRUCK"

Can't stand that shit.

Someone I know personally has 300k on YouTube and when I talked to him about it, he said it's literally YouTube pushing the clickbait titles & thumbnails. YouTube directly reaches out to growing accounts to help guide them & grow the channel so they can go full time on YouTube.

YouTube's ultimate goal is to keep viewers on the site & watching videos for as long as possible. That's why the clickbait, longer videos, etc. do very well and grow. They keep people on the platform longer which leads to more ad revenue for them.

With my YouTube, I really just make videos to help others (installs, reviews. etc.) and make videos because I enjoy the editing aspect of it. It would be awesome to make some money doing it, but you really can't start a channel with the intention of making it a living lol you'll get disappointed real fast.

That said, I'm not too proud to do the clickbait stuff if it will make me residual income lol but at the moment I am enjoying my small channel making stuff the way I want to make it

Also, on the initial subject:

I saw coding and infosec stuff mentioned a few times.

I'm a software engineer making a lot of money for my age (23) but it's still a 9-5 gig. The money is great, but sometimes I envy people who have some variety in their day to day. Working construction for my dad as a summer job before college was just as, if not more enjoyable than software engineering simply because I got to drive around and get a change of scenery.

That said, there is a TON of opportunity in that space with many different job types that could provide the variety I'm seeking while still making a ton of money. It's a great skillset to have and won't go away any time soon. Definitely worth doing a coding bootcamp if you're decent with computers.

Someone I know personally has 300k on YouTube and when I talked to him about it, he said it's literally YouTube pushing the clickbait titles & thumbnails. YouTube directly reaches out to growing accounts to help guide them & grow the channel so they can go full time on YouTube.

YouTube's ultimate goal is to keep viewers on the site & watching videos for as long as possible. That's why the clickbait, longer videos, etc. do very well and grow. They keep people on the platform longer which leads to more ad revenue for them.

With my YouTube, I really just make videos to help others (installs, reviews. etc.) and make videos because I enjoy the editing aspect of it. It would be awesome to make some money doing it, but you really can't start a channel with the intention of making it a living lol you'll get disappointed real fast.

That said, I'm not too proud to do the clickbait stuff if it will make me residual income lol but at the moment I am enjoying my small channel making stuff the way I want to make it

Really enjoyed your recent video Knight. Great job and I enjoyed the thumbnail as well!

Wow. I don’t know if I am or am not surprised that YouTube pushes that stuff.

Good info, thanks for sharing that.

Really enjoyed your recent video Knight. Great job and I enjoyed the thumbnail as well!

Appreciate it! A little bit of click bait hahaha always good to have a model

Wow. I don’t know if I am or am not surprised that YouTube pushes that stuff.

Good info, thanks for sharing that.

Yeah it's really crazy the lengths they go to keep people on their site lol
That's why most of the popular YouTubers have the clickbait titles/thumbnails and average around 20min video length. Seems to be the sweet spot to maintain high viewership and high average view duration (which equates almost directly to higher ad revenue)

Back