• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Where can I make 80k a year?

OzarkLander

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
As I sit here at my retail job on a Saturday, I often wonder what I can do to have fun and still pay my bills. I often find myself in fantasy land (YouTube mostly) wondering how these people quit their jobs and travel full time. I know every situation is different, and I feel very fortunate for the money I make and the time I get with my family. But wheeling and making money would be freakin awesome!

This thread is just to see what crazy or not so crazy ideas are out there. Who knows one might catch my eye and I run with it. Mainly just looking for friendly banter.

Join the army infantry.

You’ll make money. They give you a HMMWV to off-road in. You’ll shoot guns, blow shit up and travel.

And it’s actually a respectable, impactful, and honorable job. Which is something a full time youtuber will never be.

Only part missing and it’s a big one for me. I would have to leave my family.

Join the army infantry.

You’ll make money. They give you a HMMWV to off-road in. You’ll shoot guns, blow shit up and travel.

And it’s actually a respectable, impactful, and honorable job. Which is something a full time youtuber will never be.

agreed. Joined the military when I was young. Taught me a bunch of important life lessons, got to ride/fly in some awesome vehicles. Wouldn’t trade it for anything, except maybe a 3rd gen turbo or supercharger. Haha

Join the army infantry.

That’s a bold strategy.

Have to say some of the coolest things I’ve shot/ done was in the army!

Setup an onlyfans
Saw the thread title and came in here to say this. Not even as a joke; the popular ones make 3 figures. Not sure if it is viable as a dude though. Maybe if you get greasy working on your truck and pose wearing coveralls while holding a huge crescent wrench?

Lol, but for real, what are some of your interests and skills? YouTube can work if you’re unique and have something of value to provide.

If you have any skills for online freelance work (like graphic and video editing), that makes money.

There are similar freelance websites where you teach English to kids in other countries over webcam. That can make around $2200 a month.

You can sell cool shit on Etsy if you’re crafty.

You can think of a unique and useful website idea and go from there (even if you don’t know code yet).

Join the army infantry.

Agreed. But @OzarkLander might be too old or have tattoos that make him ineligible to join.

Saw the thread title and came in here to say this. Not even as a joke; the popular ones make 3 figures. Not sure if it is viable as a dude though. Maybe if you get greasy working on your truck and pose wearing coveralls while holding a huge crescent wrench?

Lol, but for real, what are some of your interests and skills? YouTube can work if you’re unique and have something of value to provide.

If you have any skills for online freelance work (like graphic and video editing), that makes money.

There are similar freelance websites where you teach English to kids in other countries over webcam. That can make around $2200 a month.

You can sell cool shit on Etsy if you’re crafty.

You can think of a unique and useful website idea and go from there (even if you don’t know code yet).

It’s so crazy. Even the crackhead at the gas station has one and makes bank.

A man will have to try harder though for sure.

I’ve got to work on that unique part of my YouTube, possibly getting a Komodo dragon to wheel with? Shotgun rider.

Also, I couldn’t agree more about not wanting to do the typical 9-5 grind for the rest of your life. To then probably feel forever unfulfilled and then die.

I have a (possibly) unpopular opinion that living a “normal” life is not worth it when you know you’ll die eventually anyway. So I do my best to make it as interesting as I can and I try to make sure I do whatever the hell I want to even if it comes with some consequences.

I joined the USMC for that reason and got to see a bunch of cool countries. I was/am also willing to abuse and damage my $38k brand new truck because it’s fun as hell while you’re doing it and again, the truck and you are not forever anyway.

It’s so crazy. Even the crackhead at the gas station has one and makes bank.

A man will have to try harder though for sure.

I’ve got to work on that unique part of my YouTube, possibly getting a Komodo dragon to wheel with? Shotgun rider.
This is what I mean by unique. Try to have a niche that hasn’t been done.

Does anyone have a rock crawling overlanding Komodo dragon? I doubt it. And if they do, try a bird with a GoPro on it that is trained to fly next to the truck while you drive. Drones are so 2019.

I’m in the midstream side of the oil and gas industry in at liquids terminal and it’s great. Good pay, lots of time off but when you work you work your butt off. I just did 22 hr straight but next week is cake. It can be hard to get into but well worth it if you can.

This is what I mean by unique. Try to have a niche that hasn’t been done.

Does anyone have a rock crawling overlanding Komodo dragon? I doubt it. And if they do, try a bird with a GoPro on it that is trained to fly next to the truck while you drive. Drones are so 2019.

My brother in law does have a 4ft gator. I may try that. Komodos are kinda dick heads.

I watch a lot of homeless interviews on YouTube. These people are easily judged. But if you pay enough attention, a lot of them are some of the most positive, wholesome, and selfless people I have ever seen speak.

If they can be happy with literally not a single dollar in their pocket, I think it is possible to find a way to be happy in other untraditional and risky ways of living.

Original link: https://youtu.be/Ho4AU4yo-jU

I’m in the midstream side of the oil and gas industry in at liquids terminal and it’s great. Good pay, lots of time off but when you work you work your butt off. I just did 22 hr straight but next week is cake. It can be hard to get into but well worth it if you can.
My father worked roofing and insulating from 18 to 57ish. A few years from retirement but he now has severe dementia so it got cut short.

He almost always left the house at 4am and got home around 6-8pm, sometimes even 10pm. Plenty of 6 and 7 day weeks. He carried the privately owned company but still got taken advantage of by the owner.

And now he never got to retire and experience having real free time to enjoy.

How many other people grind their whole life for no real payoff? It’s very sad.

My father worked roofing and insulating from 18 to 57ish. A few years from retirement but he now has severe dementia so it got cut short.

He almost always left the house at 4am and got home around 6-8pm, sometimes even 10pm. Plenty of 6 and 7 day weeks. He carried the privately owned company but still got taken advantage of by the owner.

And now he never got to retire and experience having real free time to enjoy.

How many other people grind their whole life for no real payoff? It’s very sad.

Yeah that’s the lifestyle of my family. I don’t remember anyone of them being retired and enjoying it. All had medical issues/ other health issues and not able to do anything.

Work to live, live to work

I’m all for busting your butt, but our purpose is not to work then die. There is other options if you work towards the right goals.

Agreed. But @OzarkLander might be too old or have tattoos that make him ineligible to join.

Contractors don't have that prob tho. I always said if I ever went back overseas that I would go as a contractor. MUCH better pay, stay as long as you want, leave when you want, etc.

One could always just join the SEAL's because lately it seems after every one of them retires they get a book or movie deal.

Contractors don't have that prob tho. I always said if I ever went back overseas that I would go as a contractor. MUCH better pay, stay as long as you want, leave when you want, etc.

One could always just join the SEAL's because lately it seems after every one of them retires they get a book or movie deal.
Dude. The contractors that work for OSHKOSH travel the world with the military, don’t have to follow any military rules, and make dat money.

They also offer jobs to EAS’ing Marines which is cool.

1599931896500.jpeg

Learn to program or do design work. You can freelance jobs from anywhere in the world and make bank while in a tent if you felt like it.

This is great! Exactly what I wanted. Good ol campfire chat. I really appreciate all of the views from you all. I am 34 with a wife and an almost 6 year old little girl. I am definitely tired of the grind. I have thought about starting a shop geared to Offroad/overland but then I know that would turn into way more time away and not getting to spend time in the outdoors. The whole running a brick and mortar business.

I run a parts store now for one of the big three. It’s fun and I do get paid decently enough for having no formal education and all. But as mentioned, I know there is more out there.

Now for the funny ideas for videos. I have no lie thought about doing workout videos in my underwear just to see what happened. Lol Could call it quarantine workout or something. My garage just doesn’t have the right lighting to make it look bigg... I mean (cough)... for a good video. But you look at lite brite in their Jeep and they have tons of views just because she shows some skin because I really don’t care for their videos at all. But a skinny blonde does sale.

Again thank you guys for keeping me entertained here while I’m at work. Hopefully one day we can all have a campfire chat/meetup!

Play in the stock market too. I’ve got a buddy who bought a metric fuck-ton of Tesla back in the day at $218 a share. He played his cards right and by the time he turned 30 his portfolio was worth about $4 million.

He’s also a fan of the Honda Ridgeline so in hindsight I guess he’s still got a lot to figure out.

If you've never invested, now is not the time to "figure it out." Losing your ass gambling on a volatile and highly manipulated market is a move in the opposite direction than I think you're looking to take. A lot of the market pumps have been because of SoftBank dumping billions of dollars in highly speculative option calls for all the US tech companies. It's someone elses game being played right now and unless you're in on it, I would be careful.

This is great! Exactly what I wanted. Good ol campfire chat. I really appreciate all of the views from you all. I am 34 with a wife and an almost 6 year old little girl. I am definitely tired of the grind. I have thought about starting a shop geared to Offroad/overland but then I know that would turn into way more time away and not getting to spend time in the outdoors. The whole running a brick and mortar business.

I run a parts store now for one of the big three. It’s fun and I do get paid decently enough for having no formal education and all. But as mentioned, I know there is more out there.

Now for the funny ideas for videos. I have no lie thought about doing workout videos in my underwear just to see what happened. Lol Could call it quarantine workout or something. My garage just doesn’t have the right lighting to make it look bigg... I mean (cough)... for a good video. But you look at lite brite in their Jeep and they have tons of views just because she shows some skin because I really don’t care for their videos at all. But a skinny blonde does sale.

Again thank you guys for keeping me entertained here while I’m at work. Hopefully one day we can all have a campfire chat/meetup!
Dude, Lite Brite blew the hell up in about a year and now they’re able to give away an $80k modded Jeep Gladiator. It’s insane.

Like you said, it is basically because of the girl. She’s annoying as hell but she gives you a reason to watch her and she does sound like she knows what she’s talking about. The husband is a pretty good driver too.

You'll be chasing domains and handles with each new generation. Maybe start thinking about new branding options for 4th gens and beyond. ://Taco.Space Taco.Club Taco.City

101domain has tons of non standard top level domains

www.ups.com

As a delivery driver 100k+

That’s after 4 year progression

1st year driver about 50k+

every year after that it’s about 10

stock, 401k, pension, all and above health care Etc

Attachments

• A1190BCA-C3B5-4A9A-AC0D-F8A9746C7299.jpeg
    A1190BCA-C3B5-4A9A-AC0D-F8A9746C7299.jpeg
    654 KB · Views: 58
Back