• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help! Where can I find these canopy clamps?

RevN3

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Blazing Blue Pearl
So, I have the whimpy J hook canopy clamps that I've turned to hamburger and I wanted to upgrade to six of these:

2021-12-05 13.32.22.jpg

And then since I installed the header rail, 2 of these:

2021-12-05 13.32.28.jpg

But my canopy shop can't sell me anything apparently. I tried looking on Amazon but the reviews there are sounding like the versions they sell are both for the 2nd gen and won't work for the 3rd because the rail isn't positioned quite the same in relation to the bed-side. Does anyone know where I can find these things?

Worst case I can machine them myself but the amount of time and effort...I'd rather just buy them.

Thank you.

There are a million different variations of the beefy clamp available on Amazon, but this looks like what is in your picture. I found them when I was looking for bed rail mounting points like these. I don't recall seeing anything like your first photo during my searching though.

Upvote 0
There are a million different variations of the beefy clamp available on Amazon, but this looks like what is in your picture. I found them when I was looking for bed rail mounting points like these. I don't recall seeing anything like your first photo during my searching though.
This? Maybe?

The problem with both of those is that if it says 2007+ it doesn't actually work on 3rd gens. I actually bought the first one and it doesn't have the correct depth. It would work fine on a Gen2 but the Gen3s need a deeper design.

EDIT: Actually...looking again maybe the on Butch linked might work.

EDIT2: Actually Actually, there is one with a deeper reach than the one Butch linked but "Sorry, this product is no longer available." DAMMIT!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When I bought my Leer cap for my Frontier Pro 4X it used the type of clamp you are looking for. Maybe reach out to Leer for help? Otherwise anyone with a small mill and spare time could make these pretty easily.

Upvote 0
When I bought my Leer cap for my Frontier Pro 4X it used the type of clamp you are looking for. Maybe reach out to Leer for help? Otherwise anyone with a small mill and spare time could make these pretty easily.

Yeah, I have a mill but with all the setup and cost of materials it's usually cheaper to just buy the part. I found what I needed on Ishler's Truck Caps | Serving central Pennsylvania for over 32 years (https://www.ishlers.com/) but the cost of shipping was outrageous. I'm going to try some more canopy places in town I think. I think a GSI G-133 clamp and a set of the Leer clamps will do the trick. The problem is finding a source.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I hear you. That's why I said someone with some spare time. It takes me forever to mill my own parts because my mill is completely manual. Good luck finding a good vendor.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I have a mill but with all the setup and cost of materials it's usually cheaper to just buy the part. I found what I needed on Ishler's Truck Caps | Serving central Pennsylvania for over 32 years (https://www.ishlers.com/) but the cost of shipping was outrageous. I'm going to try some more canopy places in town I think. I think a GSI G-133 clamp and a set of the Leer clamps will do the trick. The problem is finding a source.
I miss the good ole days of just using 4 c-clamps. 🤣

Upvote 0
Back