• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Wheel/Tire Recommendations

smithcam

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
After quite a bit research and going back and forth on a ton of different companies, I finally decided on a lift kit and are planning to pick up some tires and wheels before everything arrives. My only issue now is figuring out what backspace, offset, ect to go with for best fitment. This is my first lift on a vehicle and are looking to make it as painless as possible. It is a 2019 TRD 4x4 Off-Road, double cab, automatic.

I went with the 4A Fox 2.5s all around, and an the Icon RXT rear leaf pack from Accutune. The kit also comes with rear bumps, and a U-bolt flip kit. I went with the SPC UCAs due to the adjustability and good reviews and any figment issues I plan on running into with the 33s. I would like to run a 17” wheel, and a 33” tire. I anticipate on getting 2.5” of lift in the front (the guys at Accutune recommended not going higher than 2.5” to keep the shock from dropping out) and roughly 2” in the rear, maybe a little more depending on how much weight I have back there. I anticipate needing a CMC and a bit of trimming to get full articulation.

I have been trying to decide between a 285/70/17 and a 295/70/17 if I have the real estate after a CMC and some trimming.

As far as the wheels go, I would like to go with a 17” rim and keep a modest stance, just flush with the fenders. Any recommendations and advice would be appreciated, thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Did you get an answer for this?

Already running a new setup??

I went with the 285/70/17s. Good size tire and only a bit of rubbing, (CMC coming soon).
For the wheel I went with a 17" with -18 offset, put me an inch out past the fenders roughly. Needs a ride height adjustment in the front and an alignment but so far I am pretty happy!

IMG_5767.jpg

I went with the 285/70/17s. Good size tire and only a bit of rubbing, (CMC coming soon).
For the wheel I went with a 17" with -18 offset, put me an inch out past the fenders roughly. Needs a ride height adjustment in the front and an alignment but so far I am pretty happy!

IMG_5767.jpg
How, Just how.
Im running a 295 w/ -18mm offset and can barely poke the chubby part of the tire. But i dont rub:devilish:

I definitely need a CMC. This is the passenger side.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 154
Whats the back spacing on those wheels?

I believe it’s 4.540
It’s a Black Rhino Arsenal 17x9.5, 6-139.70, -18

IMG_5767.jpg

awesome! Looks good 🤘🏻

just don’t cut your pinchweld when you do the cmc and you’ll be golden

Back