• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Wheel spacers

bitty the taco

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
I love my taco, 3” rough country lift, 285/75r16 KO2 BFG. I would like a more aggressive stance and I’ve been considering wheel spacers, nothing too terribly dramatic but something noticeably wider. I’m sure there are many of you that are much more informed than I. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys and gals.

Attachments

• FA061DFD-5C77-4681-831E-6AEADC7AD343.jpeg
    FA061DFD-5C77-4681-831E-6AEADC7AD343.jpeg
    797.3 KB · Views: 147
I love my taco, 3” rough country lift, 285/75r16 KO2 BFG. I would like a more aggressive stance and I’ve been considering wheel spacers, nothing too terribly dramatic but something noticeably wider. I’m sure there are many of you that are much more informed than I. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys and gals.
The Spidertrax spacers are the go-to. They will move your tires out 1.25” and give it the noticeable aggressive stance you’re looking for.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BGRDMOM/?tag=tacoma3g-20

You need to understand how changing offset (ultimately what a spacer does) will change how your wheel travels in a steering arc, and what that means for tire rub.

You need to understand how changing offset (ultimately what a spacer does) will change how your wheel travels in a steering arc, and what that means for tire rub.
Could you drop some quick details in here about that? And what to look for/avoid?

Could you drop some quick details in here about that? And what to look for/avoid?
Basically what's important to know, is the bigger spacer, or more negative offset, the further out on an arc the wheel turns. Which means the outside edge of the tire makes a bigger arc, getting closer to the front and rear of the wheel wells as you turn.
Why's that important?
Well you need to space the tire out enough it clears the upper arm. But not so far out that the outside edge of the tire starts hitting more parts of the body.
Think of it like a pendulum on a clock. If you draw a line straight down, 1/2" on each side, the further down the pendulum you go the more it would hit the lines you drew.
Very rough comparison but same concept.

Not sure yet. I was quoted for -6mm from a local supplier, but still looking for -12mm. I want the steely look, but black aluminum.

Back