• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Wheel spacers while keeping the tires under the fenders?

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
Hey guys. Sometimes we get new forum members that are not familiar with the technical aspect of how a website like this works. As a result, I often get private messages with Tacoma questions where the member thought they were posting a public thread.

On behalf of @smarshall1234, I’m posting his question in a public thread so he can get some responses.

“Hello Form, I am new to this site and looking for some advice. I have a 2017 Tacoma TRD Sport that I have a revtec 2.5 lift in that I was running BFG K02 265/70R/17'S on stock rims without an issue. I upgraded to BFG K02 in 275/70R/17 on the same rims and now i have some slight rubbing on the upper control arm at full turn. I was told a wheel spacer would fix this but i want to keep the wheels inside the fenders as much as possible. What is the thinest hub centric spacer i would need to fix this issue. Thank you.”

I can fully attest that with 285/70/17's with Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers and Method 702's (4.75" backspacing)...you are able to keep the tires within the fender at full compression :p

With stock wheels you will definitely be able to keep your setup inside your fender

JKP_1378.jpg

Back