• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What would you buy with a $500 Toyota Accessory Credit

Freebird

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.venturerider.org
2022 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
So here's the thing. My Toyota dealer gave me a $500.00 accessories credit that I have to use within 30 days for my new '22 Tacoma. My truck came with most everything I wanted and I've already added a couple of things that I wanted to before getting the credit. I've looked through the accessory catalog and nothing really jumps out at me. So, the question is, if you had a $500.00 credit, what would you spend it on? I have considered the roof rack. I know it falls way short in what it is capable of but I'll seldom, if ever, use it anyway. I've also considered just a bed mat or something like that but don't know that it's really necessary. I bought the truck pretty loaded. Leather, moonroof, a couple of technology packages, oval side steps. I've added a tonneau cover, mudflats, window vent visors, and emblem blackouts.

Mine came with the door sill protectors. The intake is a possibility. Just looked though, I don't see one for the '22 model. Latest says 2019. Will it work on the '22?

Last edited:
Bed mat as mentioned if you don’t have one. Bed lights, remote tailgate lock. I’d look at the center console lock box.

Definitely want running boards... if enough left over probably a bed mat and maybe some TRD accessories like filters and such

Definitely want running boards... if enough left over probably a bed mat and maybe some TRD accessories like filters and such

You can usually buy the factory ones for $200-300 from someone who takes them off their new truck, They offer no protection and are just a stepping aid. People dump them or they get damaged all the time.

Bed Mat - PT580-35050-SB
Oil Filter Cap (metal) replace the plastic one. 15620-31060
TRD Skid Plate PTR60-35190.
TRD Exhaust (if you want sound) PTR03-35190
TRD Oil Cap - PTR35-00110
TRD Radiator Cap - PTR04-00000-03
TRD Knob - PTR57-35170
Toyota Bed Light - PT857-35200
Pro Wheels - PTR20-35110-BK
TRD Intake - PTR03-35160
Heritage Grill - PT228-35220-AA
Toyota Wire Harness - 88214-04020
Toyota Grill Garnish - 53141-35060

$500 in oil filters and oil. PTR43-00080
Then sell them to us at a discount. Then you can cash it out if you don't have use for accessories.

I'd skip the Console Safe. You can rip that right out. They can easily be defeated and pried open. Think about the latch and how thin it is.

While looking stuff up I came across the Taco Cat Shield. Haha. PTN59-35165

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions. I have already added a handful of things. It came with the oval tube running boards and I like them fine. I have already installed the bed extender that I removed from my '18 model. I have added the BakFlip MX4 tonneau cover, window vent shades, and mud flaps. Also the blackout emblem covers. Not interested in the TRD Exhaust. My motorcycle is pretty loud but I don't want my truck to be. Will take a look at the other TRD Pro stuff. When I looked at the intakes, most of it did not state that it was compatible with the '22 models but maybe they are. I wondered about the console safe, I no longer see it listed anyway and there are a ton of them on the market should I decide I want one later. Thanks for the information about it being flimsy though.

Other than looking cool, is the TRD skid plate that much better than there stock TRD Off Road skid plate?

I wonder is there was a change for the intake. Usually should stay the same.

Nothing makes it better. Just looks a little nicer. It's thicker aluminum compared to the thin steel cover now.

MX4 is definitely nice. Did you water resist the bed at all. Another little mod you could do to lessen how much water leaks in.

Not sure what you mean by water resisting the bed.
MX4 isn't waterproof, so it's adding some foam and stuff to help keep the water out of the bed. Rerouting the water draining tube.

Made a thread a little while back. I always recommend it.

As stated earlier:

Bed Mat
Tail Gate Power Lock
Any money left over see if you can buy a surplus of cabin/oil filters.

Thank for all the replies. I cashed it in today. Got a bed mat and a roof rack. Have read pros and mostly cons about the roof rack but I'll likely seldom use it and I kind of like the way it looks. I can always take it off if I decide I don't like it.

Thank for all the replies. I cashed it in today. Got a bed mat and a roof rack. Have read pros and mostly cons about the roof rack but I'll likely seldom use it and I kind of like the way it looks. I can always take it off if I decide I don't like it.
Good choices

When it's installed, can I get these? :) Ditch Moldings.

If the dealership does it, I'm sure they'll toss them and you won't get them back anyway. Might if you mention it. If not, I'll be cool with your electric front seat.

1658971088877.png

So here's the thing. My Toyota dealer gave me a $500.00 accessories credit that I have to use within 30 days for my new '22 Tacoma. My truck came with most everything I wanted and I've already added a couple of things that I wanted to before getting the credit. I've looked through the accessory catalog and nothing really jumps out at me. So, the question is, if you had a $500.00 credit, what would you spend it on? I have considered the roof rack. I know it falls way short in what it is capable of but I'll seldom, if ever, use it anyway. I've also considered just a bed mat or something like that but don't know that it's really necessary. I bought the truck pretty loaded. Leather, moonroof, a couple of technology packages, oval side steps. I've added a tonneau cover, mudflats, window vent visors, and emblem blackouts.
If Screen ProTech was in that catalog, I would definitely recommend it!
But since it isn't, if you would like to try it out, you can use T3G15 for a Discount

I would get the mirror cameras and rear view mirror camera setup. I ran across a YouTube video the other day, I can’t remember the name brand of the cameras but anyway, they have some cameras that mount to your side mirrors that activate when you put your turn signal on which is pretty cool, and the rearview mirror turns into a full camera in the rear, and can zoom in, and can split 50-50 front and rear also pretty cool lol. Works perfect with the stinger audio set up.

I got the rubber bed liner $140, cargo net for under the rear window$40 and aluminum sliding divider..... which is removable.
1680891022040.png

1680891121460.png
1680891204708.png

Back