• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What vehicles are a guilty pleasure for you?

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
Guilty pleasure... meaning not a vehicle you'd actually see yourself in but one you appreciate.

For me, apparently it is this 2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness.

1624371191485.png

Here's why it's a guilty pleasure:

-I know nothing about cars and have zero interest in anything about them.
-I've never owned a car, hardly ever driven one, and my parents were the same. Therefore, there's most likely nothing that would intrigue me to ever get one.

I didn't know this thing existed until 5 minutes ago when my sister-in-law sent me the link. But I can admit it looks aggressive, kind of like a TRD truck, and that 9.5 inches of ground clearance is pretty cool. So it made me want to make this thread, lol.

Guilty pleasure... meaning not a vehicle you'd actually see yourself in but one you appreciate.

1624371191485.png

-I've never owned a car, hardly ever driven one, and my parents were the same. Therefore, there's most likely nothing that would intrigue me to ever get one.

I didn't know this thing existed until 5 minutes ago when my sister-in-law sent me the link. But I can admit it looks aggressive, kind of like a TRD truck, and that 9.5 inches of ground clearance is pretty cool. So it made me want to make this thread, lol.
I like it for a car! Very practical as a daily driver with good mpg's (missing those a little right now).

I used to drive a '10 mini cooper and miss that little car a bit...that thing was a go-kart and could corner like crazy and park anywhere. Ive always been in love with the countryman though!
1624372961880.png

I have many many guilty pleasure cars. I've always been a car guy, I grew up around car guys, and I remember stealing super streets from my local auto parts store as a kid. My brother was best friends with the manager and looking back I'm pretty sure he was covering them for me... I just keep getting Tacoma's and never anything fast or fun. But for me - this second - maybe not in 30 sec - is the one.
Porsche 944 cargo
I love all shooting breaks and wagons.

Attachments

• message-editor_1595633159830-porsche_944_1988_photos_1.jpg
    message-editor_1595633159830-porsche_944_1988_photos_1.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 63
I have many many guilty pleasure cars. I've always been a car guy, I grew up around car guys, and I remember stealing super streets from my local auto parts store as a kid. My brother was best friends with the manager and looking back I'm pretty sure he was covering them for me... I just keep getting Tacoma's and never anything fast or fun. But for me - this second - maybe not in 30 sec - is the one.
Porsche 944 cargo
I love all shooting breaks and wagons.
Doug DeMuro might say this one is... quirky!

When I was a kid I was fascinated with the AMC Eagle 4x4 wagon. I wanted so bad for some reason. I'd still grab one for sure if I found one.
76450346f10879455169571b6bff527e.jpg

Now days the closest thing would be a Subaru Crosstrek with a lift maybe

subaru-crosstreck-blubaru-11.jpg

I'm not super into cars. I've only owned one actual car in my life which was my first car at 16. An '88 mustang LX. Ever since it's been 4x4 jeeps and trucks. But if I had to get a car it would be something like this

Last edited:
When I was a kid I was fascinated with the AMC Eagle 4x4 wagon. I wanted so bad for some reason. I'd still grab one for sure if I found one.
76450346f10879455169571b6bff527e.jpg

Now days the closest thing would be a Subaru Crosstrek with a lift maybe

subaru-crosstreck-blubaru-11.jpg

I'm not super into cars. I've only owned one actual car in my life which was my first car at 16. An '88 mustang LX. Ever since it's been 4x4 jeeps and trucks. But if I had to get a car it would be something like this
That first one is not any less badass than a 4x4 truck from that era, damn!

1624381853165.jpeg

I can’t believe this is something they actually wanted to make. I wish cars/trucks were still unique and wild like they once were.
These things were highly underrated. From what I recall they were mounted to a CJ-7 frame and some parts were cross compatible. They were rad as hell. I'm scrolling craigslist now for one haha

These things were highly underrated. From what I recall they were mounted to a CJ-7 frame and some parts were cross compatible. They were rad as hell. I'm scrolling craigslist now for one haha
I’m looking all over Google about them lol

Try

I'll check those sites out. Would be awesome to find on and rebuild it so the kids have a Wicked sweet car in 10yrs when they can drive.

1624371191485.png

my sister has that outback, those are great, safe, and hold their money like a Tacoma

his one is still 8k but maybe that’s just what they’re worth now?
Seems pretty solid. 8k might be worth it actually. They will just keep going up in price as they get more rare. I've seen those Honda Civic CRX 2 doors from the 90's bring stupid money because there are hardly any left now.

when I was 18 I purchased a 1996 Paseo 5 speed manual. Basically it was a “sporty” Tercel. It wasn’t a fast car with a whopping 96hp but it was pretty fun to drive and took one hell of a beaten in the 8 years I owned it. Unfortunately the car was wrecked when some ass hat rear ended me on the highway. I wouldn’t mind getting my hands on another one.
B3F7145C-0F08-4EE9-A346-EA29FD936A72.jpeg

when I was 18 I purchased a 1996 Paseo 5 speed manual. Basically it was a “sporty” Tercel. It wasn’t a fast car with a whopping 96hp but it was pretty fun to drive and took one hell of a beaten in the 8 years I owned it. Unfortunately the car was wrecked when some ass hat rear ended me on the highway. I wouldn’t mind getting my hands on another one.
B3F7145C-0F08-4EE9-A346-EA29FD936A72.jpeg
This is the perfect car for this thread. (y)

My 1999 4Runner. Was my daily and adventure vehicle for 6 years. When I got my tacoma I kept it. I don't need it, but I also don't need to sell it. So I have it and I love it.
IMG_4413.JPG
My Tacoma is going to end up this way. It won’t be pretty and probably not worth much from being all hacked up. But there won’t be a reason for me to ever want to sell it.

Actually, I still have 3 of 4 of the trucks I’ve owned. They’re all enthusiast types. And the 4th that I don’t have is my brother-in-law’s now.

I guess I’m a truck hoarder.

My fleet of junk…

D60C867D-83EF-47E1-8F5E-8D3ADD024CB0.jpeg
2005, in really nice condition. Sold to brother-in-law.

3615F7ED-3345-4752-9BD0-E7B4EE17611F.jpeg
Paige’s Jeep. Bought new in 2013, now paid off. Really nice shape and low miles at 65k. It seems to be worth a decent amount if we sold right now but we never will sell this.

6D00E874-C110-478C-BAD3-4425BE4BBE0B.jpeg
Left: My baby. Will never sell.

Right: My first truck. Daily driven for 3-4 years. Sold it, went into the military for 6 years, came back home and the owner managed to contact me and ask if I want it back. I couldn’t believe it. So now I have it again and I think it should be a non-street legal project of some type.

Last edited:
My first memorable car is my guilty pleasure. It was a 1981 Chevy Citation X11. That thing was fast and handled like a dream. I loved that car and would love to find one to rebuild.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210623-072334_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210623-072334_Chrome.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 61
My first memorable car is my guilty pleasure. It was a 1981 Chevy Citation X11. That thing was fast and handled like a dream. I loved that car and would love to find one to rebuild.
Is that picture of the one you had? That color is 👌

My Tacoma is going to end up this way. It won’t be pretty and probably not worth much from being all hacked up. But there won’t be a reason for me to ever want to sell it.

Actually, I still have 3 of 4 of the trucks I’ve owned. They’re all enthusiast types. And the 4th that I don’t have is my brother-in-law’s now.

I guess I’m a truck hoarder.
I have the feeling that my 4Runner is worth more than i Paid for it now. It's a 5 speed with e-locker. So kinda rare. But it's got 280k miles. I'm planning some things with my Tacoma that will make it more or less redundant...

-M

I rented this Audi R8 in Vegas for 4 hours and have wanted one since. But, I'll never be able to afford it I'm sure. That V10 power was insane..

Something a little more realistic that I'll maybe one day buy is a BMW M4.

D2D31A9C-0A29-4B3F-96C6-826D8F05E6B8.jpeg

I have plenty of guilty pleasures:

2005 STi
2004 R32
F80 M3 Competition
NBS Yukon Denali
AP2 S2000
B7 RS4
C63 AMG
Tesla Model S
Typhoon
Rubicon