• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What skids do you run?

Jake.delger

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
34893535-3213-4A72-B239-C4B60119EA51.jpeg

I designed and made my own aluminum skids (Engine, trans, and transfer). These work with the marlin crawler LCA gusset kit, and have added mud-release slots in them for those sticky situations. Plus all combined they only weigh 48lb's
nffh.jpg

ARB...and I'm not particularly happy with them.

I also have the Arb set. The only complaint I have is the last skid with that bump down to clear the exhaust seems to hit almost everything. In the future I do plan on re routing the exhaust and some how flattening out that skid.

I also have the Arb set. The only complaint I have is the last skid with that bump down to clear the exhaust seems to hit almost everything. In the future I do plan on re routing the exhaust and some how flattening out that skid.
That's my main complaint as well. I was thinking about just dropping the last skid. I'd be interested in what your eventual plan is.

RCI aluminum. They are good, but definitely need the exhaust reroute. I hit it and now it rumbles.

Skid plates do add a peace of security….I added a gas tank skid, transmission skid, tranfer case skid, a rear diff skid plate from RCI, lower control arm skid plates from R4T…waiting for my new order from Supreme suspension trailer hitch skid plate with shackle holder…
Next a skid plate for my bank account…it is taking a beating…lol.
Aloha

I just learn skid plates with air holes / slots.. perform better on mud and drain water …NO suctions..
Research this further…

Last edited by a moderator:
I have full aluminum skids from Relentless Fabrication. Love em.

TRD engine skid, RCI tranny, RCI transfer case, R4T LCA skids. wanting to get the RCI rear diff skid and a gas tank skid as well. just gotta save up.

Stock. They're pretty flimsy though. A nice set of aluminum skids is definitely high on the wish list. I feel like the next hit is going to be a rough one.

Anyone running BAMF Rear Dif Skid Plates? Only lose 5/16" of clearance according to the website. I think I like them better than RCI. About to pull the trigger to have them in time for Cruise Moab.

Anyone running BAMF Rear Dif Skid Plates? Only lose 5/16" of clearance according to the website. I think I like them better than RCI. About to pull the trigger to have them in time for Cruise Moab.
I have one if you want it?

Factory front (for now), Artec LCA, BAMF Rear Dif.

Back