• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What lift? 2-3 Inch is all I want to do.

Lake_Trash_1

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
Just got the winch and bumper put together and weight is 142 lbs combined. What would you guys do for a $1000 to $1500 lift.
Camper top on the back in the near future as well.

There's a few factors you need to consider before deciding.
1) what level of offroad use? light trail riding/nothing crazy you can go with a lower cost setup
2) are you installing it yourself? if not, install will likely take up $300-$500+ of the budget
3) if you want to go over 2" lift, you'll need to get aftermarket UCAs which again will be another $300-$500+

I run the Eibach pro truck kit. It's been great so far though I haven't done much offroading with it yet. I got it for $505 shipped with $250 Icon 3-leaf AAL for the rear. Installed the rear myself but ran out of time and had a shop do the front for $180. After buying some tools and stuff I spent around $1k. However, I don't plan to do any crazy offroading as I live in FL and my options are pretty limited.

Eibach is also announcing/releasing a Stage 2 kit sometime this week I think so that might be something to look out for. Not sure how pricing will go on that.

Also, for the rear you might want to get a HD leaf pack if you're gonna have a topper and additional static weight. They run around $600+ whereas an AAL can be had for a couple hundo. Also disclaimer: I'm by no means an expert here, this is just what I found in my months of research before buying my lift lol

1) what level of offroad use? light trail riding/nothing crazy you can go with a lower cost setup
2) are you installing it yourself? if not, install will likely take up $300-$500+ of the budget
3) if you want to go over 2" lift, you'll need to get aftermarket UCAs which again will be another $300-$500+

I run the Eibach pro truck kit. It's been great so far though I haven't done much offroading with it yet. I got it for $505 shipped with $250 Icon 3-leaf AAL for the rear. Installed the rear myself but ran out of time and had a shop do the front for $180. After buying some tools and stuff I spent around $1k. However, I don't plan to do any crazy offroading as I live in FL and my options are pretty limited.

Eibach is also announcing/releasing a Stage 2 kit sometime this week I think so that might be something to look out for. Not sure how pricing will go on that.

Also, for the rear you might want to get a HD leaf pack if you're gonna have a topper and additional static weight. They run around $600+ whereas an AAL can be had for a couple hundo. Also disclaimer: I'm by no means an expert here, this is just what I found in my months of research before buying my lift lol
Thanks KnighT4CO for the reply.
Been looking at this exact kit.
Eibach pro truck kit I believe will fit my needs well. Light trail riding nothing crazy is me!
Just wonder if the added weight to the front will drop me to 1.5 inches of lift.

Thanks KnighT4CO for the reply.
Been looking at this exact kit.
Eibach pro truck kit I believe will fit my needs well. Light trail riding nothing crazy is me!
Just wonder if the added weight to the front will drop me to 1.5 inches of lift.
I think for the extra weight up front most people set it to a higher clip setting to help offset. You might also be able to request springs with a higher rate.
I'm assuming their Stage 2 kit will handle added weight better.

I also have a video about my Eibach setup if you want to see it in action:
Original link: https://youtu.be/HwZGrHPS6VQ

I think for the extra weight up front most people set it to a higher clip setting to help offset. You might also be able to request springs with a higher rate.
I'm assuming their Stage 2 kit will handle added weight better.

I also have a video about my Eibach setup if you want to see it in action:
Original link: https://youtu.be/HwZGrHPS6VQ
Thanks dude for the info.....How can I find out what the stage 2 will be?

Thanks dude for the info.....How can I find out what the stage 2 will be?
Not quite sure yet. They haven't officially released it yet I've just seen rumblings about it on TW and other sites.

Save up for Fox or Kings if you plan to do serious offroading. I'm glad I used the "buy once, cry once" method and waiting until I had the cash for the setup I really wanted.

Also check out Accutune offroad for their blog / informational material. Super useful when picking out digressive vs progressive vs linear.

Where did you buy yours from?

Back