• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What is your trail/destination bucket list?

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
I’m focused on going to Yosemite because it was one of the first things I thought I would do when I moved to Cali. Two and a half years later, still never been. Now that I have a RTT, there’s really no excuse.

My second major goal is to hit a bunch of spots in Moab, Utah with my Taco. I’ve been there with the wife’s Jeep JK and especially coming from the east coast, this place is like being on another planet. I’d definitely need to see what the Taco can do out there.

After that, at some point before I move out of Cali, I want to hit all of the named trails within 3-5 hours of me. I’ve done a lot of them in Big Bear but haven’t seen most of the other good ones yet.

I've been to Yosemite just not in my truck, beautiful place. I want to take my truck out around the grand canyon, definitely would also like to visit Moab and monument valley.

Northwestern Montana/Idaho would be cool.

Also, I would like to do a Border to Border trip utilizing as many backroads and dirt roads as possible. Starting in Phoenix head west towards Baja then north through the Sierras and PNW into BC, across Canada to Alberta, turn south and home from there all along the Rockies............
Its not that far fetched, just gotta make the time.

Northwestern Montana/Idaho would be cool.

Also, I would like to do a Border to Border trip utilizing as many backroads and dirt roads as possible. Starting in Phoenix head west towards Baja then north through the Sierras and PNW into BC, across Canada to Alberta, turn south and home from there all along the Rockies............
Its not that far fetched, just gotta make the time.
That would be a great time. It’s definitely doable.

Bucket list for me is to do Rimrocker Trail - Montrose to Moab. I'm still really new to overlanding in general, but I thought that would be a really cool big first trip for me. I know you could probably do the trail in less than a couple days, but I'd like to take my time and soak up the views and enjoy the disconnect from the real world. My plan is to get out there this year at the first of the summer once all the snow has melted off.

I'm a FL boy through and through so honestly anywhere with snow because I've never seen it lol

Otherwise, I'd love to go to Moab and some places in the PNW. Took a trip from San fran up the coast to Seattle over summer in a rental wishing I had my truck the whole time lol

I'm a FL boy through and through so honestly anywhere with snow because I've never seen it lol

Otherwise, I'd love to go to Moab and some places in the PNW. Took a trip from San fran up the coast to Seattle over summer in a rental wishing I had my truck the whole time lol
Just shoot up to the northeast!

Just shoot up to the northeast!
That's the funny thing is I've been all up and down the east coast just at the wrong times lol closest I've seen to snow is some flurries

I’m focused on going to Yosemite because it was one of the first things I thought I would do when I moved to Cali. Two and a half years later, still never been. Now that I have a RTT, there’s really no excuse.

My second major goal is to hit a bunch of spots in Moab, Utah with my Taco. I’ve been there with the wife’s Jeep JK and especially coming from the east coast, this place is like being on another planet. I’d definitely need to see what the Taco can do out there.

After that, at some point before I move out of Cali, I want to hit all of the named trails within 3-5 hours of me. I’ve done a lot of them in Big Bear but haven’t seen most of the other good ones yet.

Where in Cali are you?

Back