• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What is your gas prices today?

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
Today at Kona, Hawaii Costco, $5.199. Down the street prices was at $5.499. May 20, 2022.

I live off the grid, between my truck and three 5 gallon cans $140.00 on my card. Gas for gas generator, and farm truck.
Aloha

Whew. 4.09 for 87 at the regular gas station

87 10%.......4.09
5% ethanol......4.19
Premium 91 ......4.75

$3.89 for E-10 and about $4.39 for uncut 87 octane here in Oklahoma City

$4.59 at Sam's Club.
$4.69 seems to be about the average here.
The wife scored $.95 off a gallon at bjs. Heading there soon to fill up.
The $4.69 is at the 711 in Moodus. A station in Portland was at $4.49 today
After spending $2000. Lol.

Thank you for sharing your gasoline prices. 2005 & up , Tacomas fuel capacity is 21.2 gals.

If fully empty at $4.59 X 21 gals= $96.39 Between truck payments, fuel cost , insurance, maintenance, & cell phones? And the many who buy Starbucks coffee on the way to work?
How do you guys manage? Especially long distance drivers?

EPA says for every 100 pounds removed out of your vehicle, fuel economy increased 1-2 percent.
Drive more efficiently,go easy on the gas pedal, poor driving habits can reduced fuel economy 15%-30%
Drive slower speeds results increase fuel mileage 7-14%.
Check tire pressures, under 10 psi reduces fuel economy by 3%
Replace spark plug , especially if mileages drops, bad plugs decreases fuel up to 30%.
Bad wheel alignment can reduce fuel economy by 10%.
Best time to fill gas , early mornings or late afternoon, fuel will be more denser = more gas.
Car pool if you can , take public transportation when you can

Be smarter, tiny savings do add up. A penny save is a penny earn.
Aloha

$4.59 at Sam's Club.
$4.69 seems to be about the average here.

After spending $2000. Lol.
Lmao. Maybe $100. The promo was you had to buy 4 items listed out of a bunch. So she bought crap the we use everyday. Like deodorant, razors, and some other health/beauty crap.

Thank you for sharing your gasoline prices. 2005 & up , Tacomas fuel capacity is 21.2 gals.

If fully empty at $4.59 X 21 gals= $96.39 Between truck payments, fuel cost , insurance, maintenance, & cell phones? And the many who buy Starbucks coffee on the way to work?
How do you guys manage? Especially long distance drivers?

EPA says for every 100 pounds removed out of your vehicle, fuel economy increased 1-2 percent.
Drive more efficiently,go easy on the gas pedal, poor driving habits can reduced fuel economy 15%-30%
Drive slower speeds results increase fuel mileage 7-14%.
Check tire pressures, under 10 psi reduces fuel economy by 3%
Replace spark plug , especially if mileages drops, bad plugs decreases fuel up to 30%.
Bad wheel alignment can reduce fuel economy by 10%.
Best time to fill gas , early mornings or late afternoon, fuel will be more denser = more gas.
Car pool if you can , take public transportation when you can

Be smarter, tiny savings do add up. A penny save is a penny earn.
Aloha
I’ve been very easy on the pedal since gas prices keep going up. Averaged 22.4 miles this past week. Got somewhere around 420 miles out of the tank. It was like I got an extra days commute to/from work this week.

Just remember if you are storage gasoline? Due to rising cost. Be aware gasoline degrades due to oxidation and evaporations, 3-6 months, google.

We storage this, due to Covid and the run on toilet papers , we ended up with 6 cases of Costco brand toilet papers. We may run out of gas, but not the wipes.
Aloha

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for posting. We are witnessing gasoline prices hitting unbelievable heights!

One day you can tell your grand kids , Grandpa use to buy gasoline for only under $6.00 per gallon in the year 2022?
Then your grand kids , 20 years from now will ask what is gasoline?
Aloha

Last edited by a moderator:
Just filled up this morning (I fill up at 1/4 tank)

$45 @ $3.96/gal 87

Filled up before leaving work..........$4.19.

Back