• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What is AM2 no. 2 Fuse for?

bhamham

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Hello, recently picked up a 2016 TRD OR that has a parasitic draw on the battery of about 500ma and if I pull the AM2 no. 2 7.5amp fuse in the cabin fuse box, the amps drop to 0.006 or so ma.

According to wiring diagram it appears to be a power source on the smart key ECU. I pulled the plug on C29 and it looks okay (and the pin looks straight).

I haven't noticed any issues driving the truck and the smart key opens and locks the doors from the driver side door and engine start button works fine. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

test1.JPG

test2.JPG

test3.JPG

Small updates but I checked the voltage and ohms of the C29 wiring harness on C29-10 to C29-11 and C29-11 to ground and i get 12.6v and the ohms seem to vary likely due to my multimeter and ground points but I seem to get ~3.8ohms when I should be getting less than 1ohm. Also one of the two red wires goes from either the 5A MPX-B fuse or the ACC Relay to the same wiring harness and I checked the MPX-B fuse and its still has continuity. So maybe the a relay is stuck on as well; have to check.

I also sometimes notice my door handle is not unlocking when grabbed then it works after I use the keyfob to unlock the door and the AC isn't functioning most of the time (the button turns on). I called the dealer customer relations manager and he said he would try and check if my CPO warranty would cover investigating the parasitic draw and the AC issue and hopefully he'll get back to me next week.

1585428580062.png

1585428655337.png

1585428687819.png

Upvote 0
Back