• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What bed drawer system do you have?

tomtaylz

3️⃣ Silver
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
I've been doing some research into bed drawers, mainly the ARB, Goose Gear, Decked and TruckVault. Of course there is always homemade too.

What do you guys run?
What do you like about it, what not so much?
Pictures are a plus!

From the looks of things I like the ARB the most so far, but haven't seen many out in the wild reviews of their whole setup.

Edit: whoops, maybe this should be in another category

Decked.

most affordable unless you're good at building your own and want to take the time.

i think the other brands are top notch stuff but since they're wood it's heavier and also the costs are much higher.

of course i did a video. install takes a while.

View: https://youtu.be/kQLoQbGTtIk

Decked.

most affordable unless you're good at building your own and want to take the time.

i think the other brands are top notch stuff but since they're wood it's heavier and also the costs are much higher.

of course i did a video. install takes a while.

View: https://youtu.be/kQLoQbGTtIk
Do you feel like it uses the space well?

That’s one thing I’m nervous about too with decked, am I correct in assuming the side space is inaccessible (Watching your video it looks like there there is an ammo can amount of space). The draws look a little short too as they don't go out all the way. Lastly, do the draws lock open (if you open them when facing downhill will they stay open or slide shut, I live in San Francisco so there isn't much flat ground)

Watching your video now.

Last edited:
It wish it had double wide drawers but I can see why they did it to save on tooling which keeps the costs down. It's several hundred dollars less than other drawer systems so I can give a little allowance.

I've been doing some research into bed drawers, mainly the ARB, Goose Gear, Decked and TruckVault. Of course there is always homemade too.

What do you guys run?
What do you like about it, what not so much?
Pictures are a plus!

From the looks of things I like the ARB the most so far, but haven't seen many out in the wild reviews of their whole setup.

Edit: whoops, maybe this should be in another category
Moved the thread for you.

From the @DECKEDUSA systems I have played with in person, they're solid as hell and they do sell some accessories for organization. I don't know much about the others you listed but I have seen some decent DIY set ups if you're into that. I'm not sure the DIY route would be as robust though.

Moved the thread for you.

From the @DECKEDUSA systems I have played with in person, they're solid as hell and they do sell some accessories for organization. I don't know much about the others you listed but I have seen some decent DIY set ups if you're into that. I'm not sure the DIY route would be as robust though.

Thanks! I really want to find someone with the ARB system and get an impression, doesn’t seem many people run them but they seem to have some nice features, otherwise I may end up with decked.

Thanks! I really want to find someone with the ARB system and get an impression, doesn’t seem many people run them but they seem to have some nice features, otherwise I may end up with decked.
Yeah, I've never seen the ARB one myself and I've been around hundreds of different Tacos. I'm not sure why it's so rare.

I have the drawings and plans to build my own with my dad who's a carpenter but have yet to dedicate the time and funds to it but it is on the list, going to use a 3/4 inch plywood and 2x4 to build two drawers that extend almost the full length of the bed and possibly aid air compressor or water tank in the last couple inches but still undecided then run down the side (if water is back there a hose connection for fill and usage) but definitely have a voltmeter, 12v ports for charging or power, the air run to the back, and a couple switches for camp lights. Untill I get rooftop tent money it will be my sleeping platform for camping and then I will buy a fridge on a tilt to come out and then down for ease of access, again when my pockets get deep enough lol. One side will pretty much be camping supplies and the other repair supplies and spare parts, all my recovery gear will go in a roof box.

We run the DECKED system and have absolutely love it. Here are some of the reasons we like it:
  • 2K weight rating on top
  • 200 lb. rating for each drawer
  • Waterproof
  • Fits the contour of the bed perfectly
  • 4 ammo cans for additional storage
  • Slotted accessories such as DBox and Crossbox fit perfectly and don't slide around while driving or opening the drawers.
The only drawbacks are:
  • Loss of depth in the bed although the benefits outweigh this by a ton.
  • The dividers don't exactly fit in as snug as I hoped.
Let me know if you have any further questions!

I recently built my own storage system and I'm pretty happy with it.

Drawer11.jpg
Drawer10.jpg
Drawer7.jpg
Drawer8.jpg

Back