ARCHIVED Welcome to the Tacoma3G.com soft launch!

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
Super stoked.

Those of you that are here reading this, thank you for your support and motivation to push me to create this baby beast. I invited you guys to join early because like I've said a few times before, I want this to be OUR community - not mine. I want it to be how you all want it to be. And by inviting you in during my planning and setup phase, I will be able to get instant criticism and suggestions from you guys so that when we do open to everyone, we have a solid product to present.

That being said, this is kind of like a beta version so there will be constant moving parts and probably some weird glitchy shit happening sometimes. Also, all the forums except this one are closed for posting and the intro/build thread forum. My reasoning for that is because the sole purpose of the soft launch is to focus on the structure and design of the forum. The intro/build thread will be open so you can get an early start on your own build threads because I know that can take a while to create.

I'm not sure yet, but I was thinking it would be kind of cool if you guys had a permanent banner under your name that says "founding member" or something like that.

Last edited:

Paige

O()()()()()()()O
The Wife
T3G O.G.
First Name
Paige
T3G Member
Yo! This is a test post from Tyler, using my wife's account. Just checking some permission stuff.

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
I did. I called it "Friend Zone". I didn't create sub-forums for the different regions like TW has because it's not good to have a ton of forums on a brand new forum. That makes the forum content spread too thin, thus looking dead.

Something I could do for now is use thread prefixes for regions. They could be broad like pacific, mountain, central, and eastern. If I make one for every state I'm sure most won't get used for a while.

Porter707

= II • Bronze
T3G O.G.
First Name
James
Military
Army
T3G Member
Were you possibly thinking of doing like a regional section?

x2 on this, I know the Regional Forums on TW have been awesome. Always finding meetups and mod parties through it.

Also I've noticed while browsing some aspects of the site, some of the formating does not seem to be aligning. While trying to edit my profile I was trying to edit my Location and it was selecting my Avatar instead.

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
x2 on this, I know the Regional Forums on TW have been awesome. Always finding meetups and mod parties through it.

Also I've noticed while browsing some aspects of the site, some of the formating does not seem to be aligning. While trying to edit my profile I was trying to edit my Location and it was selecting my Avatar instead.
Are you able to get a screenshot of that?

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
Definitely let me know if the regional and buy / sell / trade section could be better.

Taco_primo

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Brent
Military
Navy
T3G Member
Definitely let me know if the regional and buy / sell / trade section could be better.

If I read right, the friend zone is the regional section correct?

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member

whoistyler

= III • Silver
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
T3G Member
I did. I called it "Friend Zone". I didn't create sub-forums for the different regions like TW has because it's not good to have a ton of forums on a brand new forum. That makes the forum content spread too thin, thus looking dead.

Something I could do for now is use thread prefixes for regions. They could be broad like pacific, mountain, central, and eastern. If I make one for every state I'm sure most won't get used for a while.

Stoked to be here!

Maybe you can set up a poll in the Friend Zone forum asking which state people are from. Based on the results, you can create state specific sub forums. Just a thought.

Taco_primo

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Brent
Military
Navy
T3G Member
I would maybe recommend splitting into PNW, SW, Central, NE, SE and HI/AK. That is just 2¢ I don’t know if it’s worth anything or not lol

Porter707

= II • Bronze
T3G O.G.
First Name
James
Military
Army
T3G Member
They could be broad like pacific, mountain, central, and eastern. If I make one for every state I'm sure most won't get used for a while.

That would work, then people could make specific threads within those sections, such as a Nor Cal and So Cal thread within the Pacific, a Carolinas thread within the Eastern, etc.

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
Stoked to be here!

Maybe you can set up a poll in the Friend Zone forum asking which state people are from. Based on the results, you can create state specific sub forums. Just a thought.
I would maybe recommend splitting into PNW, SW, Central, NE, SE and HI/AK. That is just 2¢ I don’t know if it’s worth anything or not lol
Both solid ideas. Will definitely implement something better as we get more opinions on this.

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
That would work, then people could make specific threads within those sections, such as a Nor Cal and So Cal thread within the Pacific, a Carolinas thread within the Eastern, etc.
For this I could actually create thread prefixes for each state. Add the four timezones as their own forums with a thread prefix for each state inside.

Taco_primo

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Brent
Military
Navy
T3G Member
For this I could actually create thread prefixes for each state. Add the four timezones as their own forums with a thread prefix for each state inside.

The buy/sell/trade would be by region as well? You could probably sub categorize that as well.

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
The buy/sell/trade would be by region as well? You could probably sub categorize that as well.
We can do the same thing with that. They are essentially the same types of forums except one is for meets and wheeling and one is for buy/sell.

whoistyler

= III • Silver
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
T3G Member
I know this is thinking further in the future, but would anybody be interested in somehow integrating the site into and app? I think that would be really convenient in some cases.

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
I know this is thinking further in the future, but would anybody be interested in somehow integrating the site into and app? I think that would be really convenient in some cases.
Have you tried using the site on your phone yet? XenForo makes it very mobile friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom