• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Welcome to our new moderators!

I like this a lot. It goes along with my big task of needing to completely revamp our vendor program because I hate the way it functions right now. It is honestly one of my least favorite things to think about because of the logistics, but I’ll figure it out.

Jerry’s idea is a step in a better direction. It’s not something I’ll be able to help with much, but you guys are more than welcome to take charge. If you need things you don’t really have access to, let me know.

I like this a lot. It goes along with my big task of needing to completely revamp our vendor program because I hate the way it functions right now. It is honestly one of my least favorite things to think about because of the logistics, but I’ll figure it out.

Jerry’s idea is a step in a better direction. It’s not something I’ll be able to help with much, but you guys are more than welcome to take charge. If you need things you don’t really have access to, let me know.
Okay cool, I am happy to take charge on this. One thing I really want to see is more vendor engagement, and as such, if we start doing a vendor spotlight both on here and the T3G IG, as well as giveaways and discount codes, I think it will ultimately be mutually beneficial.

I will start working on lining up a few more vendors over the weekend. Tyler, do we have direct vendor contacts to the existing vendors on the site?

Okay cool, I am happy to take charge on this. One thing I really want to see is more vendor engagement, and as such, if we start doing a vendor spotlight both on here and the T3G IG, as well as giveaways and discount codes, I think it will ultimately be mutually beneficial.

I will start working on lining up a few more vendors over the weekend. Tyler, do we have direct vendor contacts to the existing vendors on the site?
@Malcolm and @Mr. Nobody actually have those contacts. I personally almost never directly communicate with vendors.

An idea that just popped in my head.

How about a weekly banner pic for the members? Showcase a members rigs on here (which I’m guessing would be at the bottom of the page?).

This seems to boost moral for everyone and it will be an ongoing thread. Members have 5 days to have their photos “liked” by the other members. Most likes wins for that week. The photo will stay up for that week and will start over the next week.

I’m sure you all already know about banner pics lol. What ya think? Is it possible to do that on here?

An idea that just popped in my head.

How about a weekly banner pic for the members? Showcase a members rigs on here (which I’m guessing would be at the bottom of the page?).

This seems to boost moral for everyone and it will be an ongoing thread. Members have 5 days to have their photos “liked” by the other members. Most likes wins for that week. The photo will stay up for that week and will start over the next week.

I’m sure you all already know about banner pics lol. What ya think? Is it possible to do that on here?
This is a good idea. However, I think it gets covered in two ways already: the truck photos in the top right of the website (I do need to add more) and on the Instagram page. Adding your weekly idea on the forum as well would be hard for me to keep up with. But I think there is a compromise. We could do a truck of the month system, which could be really fun.

This is a good idea. However, I think it gets covered in two ways already: the truck photos in the top right of the website (I do need to add more) and on the Instagram page. Adding your weekly idea on the forum as well would be hard for me to keep up with. But I think there is a compromise. We could do a truck of the month system, which could be really fun.

Hey that would be cool too. Like I said, just an idea. It was meant for this forum. You do a lot already for IG and FB so trust me I get it!

@Tyler Just curious on any additional information on moving posts to the correct section. Should we run any moves by you? Also, what does the report button do for posts? Is there a basic document that breaks down all the moderator actions that you could share with us new moderators? I was thinking about playing around with a couple posts within the Rad People Club to ensure I am comfortable taking actions on real posts.

Thank you for reminding me about that.

No, you don’t need to run the moves by me first. Members will often post threads in the general 3rd gen section not realizing that there is an obvious more specific section it should be in. So, a question about tire size posted in general should always be moved to our specific tire section. When you perform an action on a thread or post it will let you add a reason that the OP will be able to see. When I move threads I don’t usually add a reason because it isn’t a big deal, but you can if you’d like.

The report button is a system for members to flag a thread for it to be seen by the moderators. If they feel the post is bad in some way, they can report it and it will give us all a notification and then we will be able to take action.

There isn’t really a document that I can find but I’m going to make a video example videos. You can play around in Rad People Club - do whatever you want to these threads, including using the report button.

Thank you for reminding me about that.

No, you don’t need to run the moves by me first. Members will often post threads in the general 3rd gen section not realizing that there is an obvious more specific section it should be in. So, a question about tire size posted in general should always be moved to our specific tire section. When you perform an action on a thread or post it will let you add a reason that the OP will be able to see. When I move threads I don’t usually add a reason because it isn’t a big deal, but you can if you’d like.

The report button is a system for members to flag a thread for it to be seen by the moderators. If they feel the post is bad in some way, they can report it and it will give us all a notification and then we will be able to take action.

There isn’t really a document that I can find but I’m going to make a video example videos. You can play around in Rad People Club - do whatever you want to these threads, including using the report button.

Reported

You should all now see the moderator bar at the bottom of your screen.

Additionally, you'll now be able to approve new member registrations. Due to all the spam registrations we used to get from China, I had to turn on manual approval of new members. When there is a member waiting approval, you will see that notification on that moderator bar. When you go to it, you're looking at their username, first name, Instagram name, email address, and even IP address if you need to. These things will help you know if they are a real person or not. The Chinese ones are easy to notice because they often make their username and their first name the same weird word and they use email addresses the end in weird shit like @123.com. If all else fails, you can click the IP address and it will show you where in the world they are from. I have never seen a spammer join using a normal email address (gmail, yahoo, Apple, etc.) Last thing: please don't fat finger it and click reject on accident. I've done that before and the person emailed me all upset and tried to explain that they really do own a Tacoma and really wanted to join. I felt so bad.

On average, 5-15 new members join per day. I'm usually pretty fast at approving them but sometimes, like when I'm out camping or something, it takes me longer to get to this and there are a bunch of people waiting at once.

I put my test account as awaiting approval so you guys can see what it looks like. (Don't approve or reject it so everyone has a chance to see it.)

Most places have like a bs thread and this would be good for that, could make a thread specifically for organizing off-road meetups though. Whoever the op is to a post also has the ability to change a thread name to whatever they want I believe as well
Quoting your post from the other thread Nick. Just so you guys know, you can change thread names by hitting the edit button.

Quoting your post from the other thread Nick. Just so you guys know, you can change thread names by hitting the edit button.
yeah I just didn’t want to change it since the thread was kinda established as one of those bs threads it seemed like and would hear from the OP of the post to see how he felt

There isn’t a specific section because there has never been enough demand for it. This would be one of the first group buys a vendor wanted to do.

He can post it in the vendor forum though.

There has always been this group buy prefix you can add to the thread.
B714972E-B8C8-41B5-94CB-D9D9BC8C25C8.png

Back